Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theres a problem with S24 ultra's 50 & 200mp camera

(Topic created on: 05-08-2024 11:57 AM)
A_Google_user
Explorer
Options
I "upgraded" from my s21 ultra to the 24 ultra and am regretting it. The camera on the 24 ultra is dreadful when using the 50 or 200mp function. Both look overexposed and the saturation, contrast etc is all wrong. I've tried every trick to turn off optimisation/post processing (which appears to be the issue).. and it's definitely an issue, as there are a lot of posts about this and people complaing about it.. but to no avail. I'm really annoyed. 
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes there are a few posts discussing this @A_Google_user 

As this is a user to user forum may I suggest you also send feedback via your Samsung Members App too. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@A_Google_user   some customers have issues/ dissatisfied   however a number are impressed with the camera.  Nonetheless there are always updates/fixes and best to report via Samsung Members.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

A_Google_user
Explorer
Options
Have done so. The image quality is excellent. It's the post processing/optimisation that's the issue
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi. As mentioned. Samsung hasn't optimised the 50MP and 200MP at all and they are Pants.
On the flip side the 12MP is Awesome.
So I'd suggest stick with that until they solve it . Hopefully with this month's update. 🤞

Also anything past 5x zoom is questionable.

5x is my favourite for people photos though.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
HJB_Sam
Journeyman
Options

If you want to completely stop the auto processing of images, the  alternative is to remove all access to photos in the Gallery app. You won't be able to see and edit photos in the Gallery after removing these permissions but at least the photos will be saved as they were taken. If you re-enable the permission, the editing tools become available as usual and then you can adjust it at will.

Read more in this topic:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s24-series/how-to-turn-off-image-post-processing/m-p/1041...

0 Likes
ImMikeJamesB
First Poster
Options

The camera photos look fantastic for a few seconds before that post processing kicks in and ruins photos. I think its time we start showing evidence of how bad it can be and perhaps then samsung will decide their optimization is embarrassing and fix it. The issue is many places like this site won't allow you to upload photos bigger than 10mb and the 200m photos are triple that 

A_Google_user
Explorer
Options
Absolutely agree.. the 1st couple of seconds after opening the image looks great.. then it goes all wrong! I'm hoping they'll sort it out in the next update. It's annoying as hell 😤
0 Likes
HJB_Sam
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes