Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s24 ultra grainy display

(Topic created on: Friday)
Rea3oN
First Poster
Options
Hi everyone. I have s24u mays batch. Noticed grain on display on low brightness. Very dissapointed. Unfortunately 14 days passed, can't return the phone. Does samsung recognized this problem? Is it a warranty case? Thanks
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
And it's a problem because you took 14 days to try it out in low brightness?

Can you honestly say it's an issue if you took that long to realise it was an "issue"?
0 Likes
Rea3oN
First Poster
Options
Lol. I paid money for top smartphone. I was enjoying it from my first day of purchase. But one evening when i was in bed I've noticed that my screen looks funny. There's some noise/grain on the screen. Only after that i googled and find out that im not the only one. Im not a geek who's trying to find some problems on the phone. But i thought for this amount of money it should be excellent!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A forum search would bring up some previous threads from owners from the launch date stating they are experiencing similar to you @Rea3oN 

I'm not sure whether it was a batch issue but mine I can say is good. 

I don't currently set my display to dim or to low brightness. I usually have it set to 50 /75% brightness. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Krystian101
Pioneer
Options
I only experience it at the lowest brightness with extra low brightness on max. Other than that it looks fine to me
0 Likes
Krystian101
Pioneer
Options
I'm no expert I'm guessing it's the coat for the anti reflection?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Well the only way I've seen anything remontely close to what people claim about the grain is in some extremely rare situations where my phone is set very low (switched to lock screen low brightness mode). It's never in any functional mode that I'd use for any practical use and it wasn't something I'd exactly call a problem, but I understand there are pedantic people who can obsess over the most insignificant things, and for them I'd suggest looking elsewhere.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's a health and safety feature so people don't overuse their phones and spoil their eyes and not get enough sleep.
😊😝
0 Likes