Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra MagSafe Cases and Accessories PSA

(Topic created on: 27-02-2024 04:54 PM)
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options

I thought I would let the group know my experiences with magsafe cases and accessories when used with the S24 Ultra. 

Now I have tested multiple magsafe case's with my S24 Ultra, Pitaka, UAG, Spigen and several others. The cases on their own don't cause issues with the S Pen, it works fine without missing any lines etc.

However the problem starts once you start using magsafe accessories and attaching them to the back of the case. Again I have tried magsafe accessories from Scooche, Spigen, UAG, and many others including stands, wallets, wireless battery chargers (the portable one's) finger rings etc.

They all cause pretty bad effects on the S Pen, air commands lag or Don't work properly, the s pen refused to write near the camera area and near the centre of the screen. Selecting things with the S Pen lagged badly sometimes, so in conclusion if you use your S Pen then save money and don't buy magsafe cases or accessories. 

I tested it with both accessories on and off the cases and when removed my S pen instantly started working. So if you insist on using and needing magsafe then just remove the accessories from the case and the S pen works fine.

Any questions please feel free to ask. The screenshots above popped up when trying to use my S Pen with a magsafe accessory attached. Let me know if this helped.
20 REPLIES 20
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

Im running UAG monarch kevlar case and even when my ESR wireless charger is attached to it, I have no issues with the S Pen functionality. Same with a Baseus wireless charger. Those are the only two magsafe accessories I have with me for the moment. The ESR one doubles as a kickstand, so I use that one the most.
Edit: Oh, and I have not seen that pop-up at all!

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
It might depend on the magnets used because the ones I used affected my S Pen, I will do more experiments and see, but it would be good if everyone can list her which magsafe accessories effect the S Pen and which don't, maybe it can become a source for others. The pitaka ring definitely effects the s pen when using the pitaka case with it.
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

Its the same situation as with some screen protectors that claim being fingerprint sensor friendly, and in reality they are not. Example is the UAG screen protector that does not work properly, even after re-registering the same fingerprint twice.

I agree we can use the thread to create a list of cases and accessories that work, so at least people can make an educated decision of what to buy and not.

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well it's as expected really
Similar thing with the wallet cases that have a magnetic clasp
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you experienced issues with the wallet case's?
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I used to get the screen not responding locally by the magnetic part of the case
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for sharing your experiences @TechZilla 

I've used the UAG Monarch Pro Kevlar Magsafe Case and the Anker Battery Magsafe powerbank and the official popsocket and can also confirm the case alone does not cause issues it's when an accessory is attached that has the actual magnet within it. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
That's exactly what I have been finding, it's annoying but the accessories have to be removed to use the s pen, not the end of the world but annoying all the same.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To be fair the sPen does still work to an extent just not in particular small areas on the screen when an accessory is fitted. 

Right now on the Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra I'm using the Spigen Rugged Armor however I do still have the UAG Monarch Pro Kevlar Magsafe Case on my Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra.

Hopefully we'll see Samsung launch Qi ² at some point in the future.  🤞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "