Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 24-01-2024 02:16 PM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,874 REPLIES 1,874
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Yes I know what you mean and it must be the anti reflective coating. There is a new auto tone setting which may help.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Interesting. I also have the s21 ultra. Will check and see.

Also can you confirm of they slapped a screen protector on or no?
scouter1st
Explorer
Options
Don't complain at least you received yours!!! Lol
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
No protector by default
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options

If I'm not mistaken, The Tech Chap and Super Saf on YouTube mentioned the display being less vibrant on the S24 Ultra.

It does sound like the anti reflective glass may have a part to this.

Juganault
First Poster
Options
I thought this too with mine, can't find any settings that alter it. Just seems a bit muted, less vibrant, than my s22 ultra. No screen protector on it.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks. I hope it comes with instructions . I have never used screen protectors. My s21 ultra did come with one slapped ON.
Came undone after two years and using it naked for a year now.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OK just received mine and yeah colours looked washed.

I went into display and toggle the vivid and natural and its looking nice now.

I believe its the eye comfort shield which is giving the washed out colours so turn it OFF.

Actually it's the enhanced comfort option see below.

1706116116444.jpg
Abhis888
Student
Options
Yes even i had same issue. Screen contrast is no where near to my s23 ultra and one of the main reason i use samsung is because of their screen
I will return it