Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 09-02-2024 01:44 PM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,876 REPLIES 1,876
Timothycodes
Navigator
Options

There is obviously a grain issue.  If you watch the dark scenes at low brightness in Netflix there is a lot of noise.   Compare it to S23 ultra and there is no noise.   

Is there a possibility a different batch will not have this issue?

T1Cybernetic
Explorer
Options

So you're telling us that you purchased a pre-order phone, didn't like it and sent it back because of one single broken setting and now that you find out from a person on twitter who could still be wrong that samsung are going to fix the broken setting and now you want the phone back and all the pre-order bonuses too. 

And you're ok with all that? that's normal behaviour to you?

Signature removed by popular demand.
JustSpiderbro
Pioneer
Options

I already returned my device, as I had reached the end of my 15 day return period before the news of a possible fix emerged. I was hoping for some kind of announcement from Samsung, but they have stayed silent.

Unfortunately my device had other issues such as a grainy display even on higher brightness levels, charging issues where it was sometimes very slow to charge or would not charge at all, issue with images on the camera shifting while zooming, shutter lag making it impossible to take clear photos of moving objects, random overheating, random clicking noises from the camera, and distorted/tinny speakers at higher volumes.

I may purchase the phone again at a later date and hope that future batches have better QC to avoid some of these hardware issues.

Bedr0ss
Pathfinder
Options

I definitely don’t have it

0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options
Tick tock 😤
0 Likes
jahnny
Pioneer
Options

I'm lucky I guess, only have the washed out color issue, nothing with the grainy display or the bars or anything else. I have the snap processor thankfully. I've heard lots are having issues with the exynos ones. I'm assuming the display should be the same on either one. Mine was a preorder, so I'm fortunate to only have the faded display issue.

0 Likes
mblueeyesr
Explorer
Options

I guess some of us won the lottery other did not..I too only have issues so far with the vivid settings.. I don't see grain at all and I only see the 3 lines on gray background at zero brightness n that only if I strain my eyes to see it.. which I never used complete zero brightness .. therefore the fact I only see it when looking for it I can live with that.. hope they do fix the vivid settings thou.. don't get why they've been silent.. never seen them do this b4 on other releases... seems weird... just for reference sake.. (titanium blue) manufactured in Vietnam but there is no manufacturer date..My son's which has no problems was also manufactured in Vietnam with a manufacturer date of January 6th(Violet)

jahnny
Pioneer
Options

It's very strange indeed, take away a feature most love without any notice? And then say it's supposed to be like this. Very disappointed in you Samsung 

0 Likes
Saeed97
First Poster
Options

I have bought S24U and hopelessly saw that videos on my S21U is more colourful and vibrant than S24U 

0 Likes