Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 03-02-2024 01:03 PM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,874 REPLIES 1,874
DannyDingo
Explorer
Options

People need to remember next time... Caution with Tech Reviewers on YouTube. Noticeably silent on the issue.

Tredstone
Explorer
Options
I totally agree . Samsung didn't need to do this ,galaxy phones already had a muted colour option and for those that didn't like it chose the vivid mode.

So why have samsung made vivid the same as natural? It's the dumbest thing ever! Shame on you samsung 😕
Tredstone
Explorer
Options
Samsung please fix this or we return our phones and buy a iPhone or pixel . It's that simple!
Roberto90pe
Pioneer
Options

having grain on the screen is even more frustrating, especially not knowing if it is something that can be solved with an update or a display defect

0 Likes
Tredstone
Explorer
Options
I don't have any grain on my s24 ultra ,that would of been the nail in the coffin for me . Return or exchange it !
FIX VIVID
Pioneer
Options

check on low light on galaxy store on brow color wallpaper you will notice on middle 

0 Likes
Poolplayer Blues
First Poster
Options

That's why we buy phones with big screens - to get the wow factor. I'm hoping I don't have to return mine. 

Jonahtrav
First Poster
Options

yep it's the same with my s24 Plus the vivid and the natural mode are exactly the same which is disappointing

OBrofanboy
First Poster
Options

Love the phone except for the washed out color. I compare it to my s22 ultra and it's horrible. Im contemplating return this s24 device. It's sad, ive been using samsung phones for many years. I don't like things to be force on me, instead, let me chose to have my screen on vivid or natural. Why put the feature "vivid", if it does nothing.  Sad day. 

1st_UFO
First Poster
Options

If this isn't fixed before my return window is over, I'm returning my S24 ultra and getting a One Plus Open.