Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 24-01-2024 06:47 PM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,876 REPLIES 1,876
AN64AD
Explorer
Options
So it's just not me. Even the you tube 4k hdr videos and side by side comparing netflix 4k content my fold 5 is out performing it in brightness, colour accuracy and detail
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options
The vivid mode on my s24 ultra doesn't really work...when put side by side with my s23 ultra the difference is huge
If I set my s23 in natural mode then it looks like the s24 in vivid mode....so something is fishy
Please fix this 
KuSax
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same issue. I upgraded from S20 ultra. And comparing both screens the difference is just very noticeable. My S20 colours are very vibrant and everything looks amazing, on the S24 ultra it seems pale/washed out. I'm thinking on return it.

KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
Yeah, I'm not liking it either
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options
And remove that gesture bar as in most apps is adding extra dead space/chin at the bottom of the screen
0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
Mine looks super washed out too. Not overly happy. Really wishing it's a software bug
Krystian101
Pioneer
Options
This is because of the anti-reflentance screen I'm pretty sure however I can't find a huge difference between the s24 ultra and my s22 ultra
0 Likes
AN64AD
Explorer
Options
Yh going to give it a few days to see if there is an update, if not its going back to samsung
RPB100
Voyager
Options
Very happy with my new S24 U but noticed straight away the screen is less vivid than my S22 U on the same settings. Sure I'll get used to the more natural colour.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @RPB100 

Similar thread > https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s24-series/vivid-mode-not-vivid. 

And

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes