Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S24 Ultra viber outgoing call not working on Wifi

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Mtocso
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I got a new S24 Ultra and the outgoing calls are not working in Viber app(Viber-toViber) on Wifi.
The issue: the call is initiated as it's ringing on the other end but no ringback tone on my phone and all the buttons are greyed out(except 'call end') and the call is not established. It's working fine on mobile data so it must be some kind of issue/limitation for Wifi(I've tried on different wifi networks, mobile hotspot, etc... so it should be something on the phone). Tried with/out 'Wifi calling' enabled, no difference. Incoming calls working fine over Wifi, only the outgoing is failing.

Any idea/advice?

Thank you,

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
0ooo0
Student
Options

Hi.

I have been experiencing this problem for 6 days now.

I have contacted Viber but am still waiting from their devs.

I am calling using wi-fi and when I do, my screen just displays "calling". It never reaches the normal "ringing" state and no sound of ringing on the speaker. People still get the call from me. When they answer, they say the only see "answering" on their end and the call drops.

Now, when I try making outgoing Viber calls using mobile internet, it works.

I also found that I can make outgoing Viber calls using wi-fi IF I eject the sim card tray from the phone. Then try calling using wi-fi viber calls and it works!

What is your Viber version?

I am using a Samsung S24 Ultra phone with Viber 22.5.2.0 April 23 2024 version.

At the moment this is Viber's latest version. I think this is when the problem started.

So I decided to uninstall Viber (after making a backup) then installing a previous Viber version (22.4.3.0). After doing a restore, Viber is working properly. Calling via wi-fi, mobile connection work normally. So I guess the latest version has some bugs.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Have you checked with Viber customer services for any issues?
0 Likes
Mtocso
First Poster
Options

Hi, thabk you for the response. Yes, I've contacted them but no response yet and couldn't find  anything related by Googling... 

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Might be worth waiting until they respond. It may be a simple issue at their end.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you try clearing app cache and or reinstalling Viber. Also wipe phone cache 

0 Likes
Mtocso
First Poster
Options

Hi!

Thanks, yes, I've done both but still not working. When I restrict the network usage for Viber to use only mobile data it's working, but there is a bit of delay. So it all points to Viber - Wifi interaction and just for outgoing calls, messages are working fine... weird

0 Likes
Solution
0ooo0
Student
Options

Hi.

I have been experiencing this problem for 6 days now.

I have contacted Viber but am still waiting from their devs.

I am calling using wi-fi and when I do, my screen just displays "calling". It never reaches the normal "ringing" state and no sound of ringing on the speaker. People still get the call from me. When they answer, they say the only see "answering" on their end and the call drops.

Now, when I try making outgoing Viber calls using mobile internet, it works.

I also found that I can make outgoing Viber calls using wi-fi IF I eject the sim card tray from the phone. Then try calling using wi-fi viber calls and it works!

What is your Viber version?

I am using a Samsung S24 Ultra phone with Viber 22.5.2.0 April 23 2024 version.

At the moment this is Viber's latest version. I think this is when the problem started.

So I decided to uninstall Viber (after making a backup) then installing a previous Viber version (22.4.3.0). After doing a restore, Viber is working properly. Calling via wi-fi, mobile connection work normally. So I guess the latest version has some bugs.

0 Likes
Mtocso
First Poster
Options

Hi, thabk you for the response. I'm also using the latest version. Where did you get the previous version? Can you please share the link so I can try it? Thanks a mill.

0 Likes
Mtocso
First Poster
Options

Thanks a mill... installed the previous version and all good. Reported to Viber, hopefully they'll fix it in the next release.

0 Likes