Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 ultra freezing - UI 6.1 Issue

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
zKnightofRen
Apprentice
Options
I updated my phone on the 21st may to the latest UI 6.1 update and now it keeps freezing.
The home screen will freeze, the home button and back key stops working, the on and off button on the side of the phone stops working. Strangely the pull down menu still works so I have to restart my phone from there. The 'recents' button (the 3 lines at the bottom left side) occasionally works, but then it just overlays the home screen wigits on whatever app I was using before, and freezes again.
It's definitely a latest update issue, as nothing else is new on my phone. Never had this issue before the update.

Anyone else have this issue or a solution please?
26 REPLIES 26
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried clearing your S24 Ultra cache? Checked for any apps consistently running in the background?
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@zKnightofRen  check Apps are up to date, sometimes third party apps/themes can cause conflicts and if relevant an idea to see if the issue persists in Safe Mode . https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

it is advisable to clean the cache partition after updates (particularly major ones) as indicated, some  temporary cache files can become outmoded or in some cases corrupt.  Therefore if you have not performed this task follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer , other Device or TV USB, Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

can also optimise apps using the Galaxy Apps Booster from the Good Guardians suite.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The S24 Ultra has only ever had OneUI 6.1, so that's not the issue here.
DanelHurtado
Student
Options

I'm just going through that same problem after the May update. Let's hope it's solved because if it's pretty uncomfortable.

Artem55
Student
Options
I encountered the same issue with my s24 ultra. It freezes roughly once a day and I have to restart it otherwise it's pretty much unusable. I hope it gets fixed soon
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Freezing once a day renders your phone unusable?
0 Likes
Artem55
Student
Options
When frozen the navigation bar stops working and homescreen appears on top of open apps, most of touch interctions stop working. At that state it's unusable but fortunately restarting solves the issue temporarily
Manicholson82
Student
Options

As of this past week i am also experiencing the same freezing problem as described by Artem55. All apps are up to date, nothing new has been installed, and according to the phone diagnostic everything is fine, and the scan came up with nothing.

zKnightofRen
Apprentice
Options
All the apps are up to date but haven't tried clearing the cache yet! I will try, thanks!
0 Likes