Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra display noise

(Topic created on: 28-01-2024 01:02 PM)
far3
Pioneer
Options

I think I found the reason for the grainy overlay of the S24 Ultra and perhaps all S24 series.

Simply try "Circle to search" CTS. On my phone, the screen starts glowing with tiny grains in the entire screen. Kind of little stars dance on all over the screen.

The pattern of these grains are very similar to the pattern that I see when I look on dark colors like plain gray color in a dark room, but instead of they glow and dance, they statically cover the entire screen like a glitch and it is always present no matter what you have on the screen. This can also potentially reduce the display quality showing content on it.

I tried to take a screen shot when you activate CTS. I hope it to be clear. But nevertheless,  you try it and see the effect on your phone.

If this is a glitch because of this CTS functionality, then it can be easily solved with an update. I hope Samsung to see this post. I will also try to convey them in the members app.

1000001034.jpg

30 REPLIES 30
Piddle
Navigator
Options

Interesting! I am really hoping this is indeed a software issue that can be fixed. No way I'm keeping this phone over my s22u if they can't fix it. 

Andrenos
Explorer
Options

I think the grain are your fingerprints + anti reflecting coating of the screen. The "dancing grains when circle search is just a backround effect and is not present  all the time *facepalm -.-

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sure the people that own the phone will be testing your theory out @far3  👍 and people like me who are waiting to pull the trigger will be closely watching. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Timothycodes
Navigator
Options

The grain is visible on the notification background panel if you swipe down. 

drvinayakpatil
Journeyman
Options

Same here for s24 ultra display grainy

0 Likes
Timothycodes
Navigator
Options

Maximize the brightness you can see it.  

0 Likes
The-Turk
Explorer
Options

I have this issue as well and it bothers me a lot. After some testing I have good news and bad news. We can all see the grains on the notification panel right? Well, take a screenshot and zoom in. You can see the grains get bigger, meaning it's displayed on the screen on purpose, meaning, it's software. The bad news is that I couldn't replicate this on other grays like dark mode samsung forums for example, pointing out to the issue being hardware... Don't know, hope we hear from Samsung soon.

0 Likes
Timothycodes
Navigator
Options

To be fair it does also exist in the s23 ultra and high brightness in the notification panel on the background.  But the s230 trust display is very smooth it's a bit difficult to explain.   Going back and forth I noticed the reflection is a lot more apparent on the s23 ultra though.  

Timothycodes
Navigator
Options

The grains also exist on the 23 ultra but it's different not as pronounced.  

0 Likes