Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 ultra charging

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
muddzy
Pioneer
Options
Anyone have a issue when connecting a charger it says super fast charging then 10 seconds later it drops to charging and the time for charging goes up. It's annoying 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
keith30
Maestro
Options
Been like that for a long time now
0 Likes
muddzy
Pioneer
Options
Yeah how annoying. Why does this happen? I've only noticed this a few days ago...
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am an overnight charger so don't bother with this things.
Interesting to know though.

If I remember correctly the fast charging only works for like the first 30 mins or so and then will slow charge to protect battery.
0 Likes
muddzy
Pioneer
Options
Maybe u might be correct..and I've never left my phone over night to charge. Very very dangerous..
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Always charged my phones overnight.
Nowadays I charge in the mornings as the S24 ultra doesn't die as quickly like my over three year old s21 umtra
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

With regards to charging overnight there is a built in mechanism to prevent overcharging, overheating is more of a concern and best to ensure cases are removed,  wireless charging at that time may be a better option. mind you.  some though prefer to be cautious.     Some advice in this article https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/news/132587-is-it-safe-to-charge-my-phone-overnight-top-tips-to-e... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
My phone doesn't get warm when charging via cable standard Samsung 25w wall charger. However it often gets really hot when wireless charging in my car especially in warm weather. I would suspect wireless charging requires more energy so more likely to generate heat. I didn't bother with the 45w charger as it only takes a few minutes of a full charge so got 2x 25w chargers instead
AndrewL
Options

@muddzy: After connecting your phone to your charger, please try heading to Settings > Battery, and check below the status bar at the top of the screen. Does it say 'Super Fast Charger connected'? 

0 Likes
muddzy
Pioneer
Options
It does for the first few seconds then changes to charger connected and the time goes up
0 Likes