Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 plus

(Topic created on: 28-01-2024 04:50 PM)
facu1ty
Pathfinder
Options
So I have the exynos version and WiFi disappeared. As I was using 5g, could not see any pictures in the Google feed at all. Closed apps etc aswell as cleaning memory and no change. Got WiFi back on and Google feed was absolutely fine. This exynos chip will be causing problems I think moving forward so may just change to the ultra with 8gen3 for piece of mind. Shame really as I prefer the plus shape and will never use the spen. Better get in before the double your storage deal ends. 
31 REPLIES 31
facu1ty
Pathfinder
Options

Just switched off WiFi and couldn't connect to samsung members at all. The phone was really heating up. Wtf is this exynos s***e. Giving it back. Already was heating up a lot yesterday

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry to learn your experiencing issues with your new phone @facu1ty  😔 

Do try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

It seems you've lost faith in this phone so yes maybe moving to the Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra maybe the next viable option for you. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

facu1ty
Pathfinder
Options
Right, just used 5g again and Facebook is not loading pictures or videos and is slow. I'm glad my WiFi decided to glitch for a couple of minutes as this would've been hell to deal with if I couldn't exchange it
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey @facu1ty

Sorry to hear this. For me, Exynos is a deal breaker. Exynos = no purchase.

The last Samsung device I had with Exynos was the truly awful S21 Ultra. Mobile connectivity was shockingly awful. Pixel 6 series had an Exynos inspired Tensor chip and that wasn't any better. Both went back.

Snapdragon all the way for me. 🫠
facu1ty
Pathfinder
Options
The phone is brand new. Never experienced issues like this with any phone ever. Just wanna also point out the speaker slit is a stupid design. It sounds muffled. It's a tiny slit no bigger than the charging port. Surely common sense would tell you that the slit or grill has to be bigger to let out more sound. Not wowed at all and the ultra has this aswell and came behind 15promax in sound quality overall. Wondering if it's worth going for the S23 ultra and sacrificing the useful 7 years of support 🤔
0 Likes
facu1ty
Pathfinder
Options
I think I better give this back then. Such a stupid samsung move I swear especially after what they did last year with the S23 models globally.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Issue browsing may not be phone soc related, your connectivity also affects it and also the website hosting
0 Likes
facu1ty
Pathfinder
Options
My S23 regular with 8gen2 never had these issues at all. Just gave that phone to my brother who's very happy with it lol
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That still doesn't mean it's phone related
Website go down all the time, networks have issues all the time

0 Likes