Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S24 Original App Notification Sounds

(Topic created on: 03-02-2024 10:32 PM)
KEISHA2
Explorer
Options

So I just got my S24 Ultra and the ONLY issue that I have is all my notifications for my different apps sound the same. My old phone (S22 Ultra) all had a different notification sound for them, for example, Facebook notifications and Messenger, Snapchat had their own sound directly from the app now it's just one sound. I want to know when it's a Snap or FB without me having to set a sound when they already have that built into the app. I see everyone changing it on their own but I want to know why they took that away when you go into the apps and see that their individual sounds are still there....I KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE SOUNDS. That is not my question, my question is the other Galaxies came with the original sound already set to FB and Snap. And now it's not on the S24.

81 REPLIES 81
njg28
Apprentice
Options
It's a hidden setting that is OFF by default...

Go to SETTINGS / NOTIFICATIONS / ADVANCED SETTINGS

Scroll to bottom...

"Manage notification categories for each app" is OFF by default... switch it on

Then when you go into SETTINGS / APPS ... you will see that selecting an app and then notifications... there are options to select individual notification sounds for not only that app but for specific functions of the app.

A bit of a long winded faf but it solved it for my S24+ .... likely ditto S24 Ultra
KEISHA2
Explorer
Options

You clearly didn't read what I said. My problem isn't of everyone knowing how to change them. Thanks but you weren't useful. Maybe read my question to thr entirety

njg28
Apprentice
Options
Be clearer on your issue then. Pardon me for trying to help someone
KEISHA2
Explorer
Options

Excellent

Jackh96
Explorer
Options
So I also had this problem and I think I've solved it. Did you do the "smart switch" thing from old to current phone?
KEISHA2
Explorer
Options

Yes I did. And some sounds from my old apps came over like my msgs, blink but fb and snap all the and default and I hate it

Solution
Jackh96
Explorer
Options
Yep I've got that problem and currently sorting it out. I've only done SC so far but it's worked. Try uninstalling the app, install again, log in then go back to app/sounds like you've mentioned above and it should solve it
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
KEISHA2
Explorer
Options

Ok ill try this and see if this works. Thank you in advance