Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power saving mode questions:

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
benakaget
Pioneer
Options
On my Galaxy s24... 
If I put it into powersaving mode, what is impacted?
Does this impact Samsung Health Pedometer?
Does this impact google maps location timeline?
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
It doesn't impact either of those, the thing it does are as follows:
1. It lowers the refresh rate to 60hz
2. It increases the gaps between network syncs.
The next settings are optional:
1. Turns off the always on display.
2. Limits cpu to 70%
3. Decreases brightness by 10%
4. Turns off 5g.
All in all you'll get around 3-4 hours more of screen on time.

View solution in context

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think it depends if Battery life or Best experience is the higher priority, if Battery life is already impressive you may not feel a need.  you may not notice a significant difference if only a few functions disabled  but for instance if speed is limited will be a bigger factor.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
It doesn't impact either of those, the thing it does are as follows:
1. It lowers the refresh rate to 60hz
2. It increases the gaps between network syncs.
The next settings are optional:
1. Turns off the always on display.
2. Limits cpu to 70%
3. Decreases brightness by 10%
4. Turns off 5g.
All in all you'll get around 3-4 hours more of screen on time.
benakaget
Pioneer
Options
What's a network sync?
0 Likes
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
How often it checks the Internet for updates on things. Like it might take a few more seconds for things like whatsapp messages to come through but you won't notice the difference very much.
benakaget
Pioneer
Options
So it would be worth having power saving on all the time if there's no much difference I can notice?
0 Likes
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
If you wanted to but if its on all the time you might want to check which of the optional setting you want on or not. For instance you would probably notice the difference between 4g and 5g and you might also notice the cpu 70% limit. If you want though you could just create a routine that turns power saving on when the phone hits a certain percentage.
benakaget
Pioneer
Options
Yeah. I current have routines for it to power save at night and when it's below 30%. But its mostly how much difference I'd notice. Especially the CPU speed
0 Likes
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
In normal uses you probably won't notice since the chip is so fast anyway. The only place you might experience lag is in cpu intensive games (things like genshin impact or similar), but you could always make another routine that disable power saving whilst gaming. 😊
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think it depends if Battery life or Best experience is the higher priority, if Battery life is already impressive you may not feel a need.  you may not notice a significant difference if only a few functions disabled  but for instance if speed is limited will be a bigger factor.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

benakaget
Pioneer
Options
Follow up... it MASSIVELY impacts my google maps. It only tracks location timeline now if I have the app open
0 Likes