Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing work profile on OneUI 6.1 installed on S24

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Members_HX7kiqH
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've just received S24 and transferred profile/data from my previously used phone S21. 

There are couple of issues which I noticed:

1. first of all One UI 6.1 is missing work profile, which is there on S21 with One UI 6.0. That's showstopper for me. Work profile feature is actually one of the things which was holding me with Samsung/Android from switching to iPhone.

2. bluetooth pairing issue with Garmin Forerunner 245 (can't connect)

Hopefully the above issues will be gone with next releases. Currently for me no other option than sticking with S21 and wait.

Is anybody aware if the work profile is planned to be added with next releases?

Br,

Marek

17 REPLIES 17
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
My company uses 'Intelligence Hub' but does the same thing. Glad you got it sorted

I'm sure you know, but there's also a quick toggle in the top menu (or you can add it) so you can turn work mode on/off.

If you're feeling really adventurous, you can set up a mode or routine to automate this turning on/off t a certain time!
FabianVKB
Apprentice
Options

Work mode din not exist until I added my work profile via Intune

NishantK
First Poster
Options

Have you find the solution to this problem cause I am also very much troubled by the same.

0 Likes
FabianVKB
Apprentice
Options

I followed my work instructions on how to add email, which meant installing Intune. After the install, it added the work profile and I can turn work stuff on and off now. 

BlazingRAGE1386
First Poster
Options
Install Island app and it appears
0 Likes
Dahbo
Student
Options

Hey all,

I may have found a workaround if the issue is that your work doesn't actually manage policies so you can't seem to find the "work" profile. I downloaded the Android Demo for user management here https://www.android.com/enterprise/demo/

Filling out the form gets you a direct download 

Then it sets up the work profile settings and security options in your settings. Log in with your Google account and you should be set. It's restrictive to gsuite and some work apps but it's exactly what I needed at least since my company doesn't actively manage a device policy  

NAY1980
First Poster
Options

I tried that and it's asking for an admin IT unlock! I don't get it! Why is it so hard when as you all said the only reason I'm sticking with Samsung and not switching to iPhone is the option of 1) personal profile 2) work profile and 3) secure folder. Why would Samsung change the only thing that differentiates it from all other competitors. Why did I invest so much in S24 ultra if it has less to offer than the s23 ?? I can't find a solution please help community of Samsung users. You can contact me directly by PMing me. it drove me nuts I have not slept for past 24 hours trying to find a workaround. Thanks for the help in advance 

0 Likes
Kinchi
First Poster
Options

I just managed to get the work profile setup. (my work email uses Gmail)

Go to

Setting> Accounts and backups > Manage accounts > Add account>

Choose from the list of type you need (mine is google, so i choose google)... If your eork email is manage by microsoft... Then click microsoft 365 (i believe)...

And follow through the instructions... 

When you first click on Add Account... It is in deed under "personal"... But while setting up by work email... It showed up on instruction saying this email account is managed by google workspace etc etc...

After all setting up... A work profile is created...

Hopefully this helps...