Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing work profile on OneUI 6.1 installed on S24

(Topic created on: 31-01-2024 04:59 PM)
Members_HX7kiqH
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've just received S24 and transferred profile/data from my previously used phone S21. 

There are couple of issues which I noticed:

1. first of all One UI 6.1 is missing work profile, which is there on S21 with One UI 6.0. That's showstopper for me. Work profile feature is actually one of the things which was holding me with Samsung/Android from switching to iPhone.

2. bluetooth pairing issue with Garmin Forerunner 245 (can't connect)

Hopefully the above issues will be gone with next releases. Currently for me no other option than sticking with S21 and wait.

Is anybody aware if the work profile is planned to be added with next releases?

Br,

Marek

17 REPLIES 17
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wow item 1 would be a major clanger for me.

I did check on the unit I had loaned and thr icon was present in the pull down notification shade.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Green_Samot
Pathfinder
Options

I use the Secure Folder for my work account, that way I can keep it completely separate from everything else.

Is that what you were using before? If so, you can enable it in settings.

GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I set my work profile up just fine on 6.1 (S24 Ultra ) 🤷1706200677144.jpg
IndependenceOk2900
First Poster
Options
How did you get that done?
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I added the work profile by installing my works preferred App as i did with S23 etc but surely you can just go to this shortcut?1706348013844.jpg
0 Likes
InnocentForce
Explorer
Options
I have the same issue. Have you solved this yet? I tried to install the device policy, but that's something different, and I use my secure folder separately for private information.
0 Likes
Ablackburn74
First Poster
Options

I juat got the s24 and was having same problem. Did some research and I had to go to Google play and download the company portal ap and it works just fine now and have separate work profile

FabianVKB
Apprentice
Options

How did you manage to do that, that is exactly what I need to do. Going nuts with all the work notifications I can't turn off.

0 Likes
FabianVKB
Apprentice
Options

My company uses Microsoft for e-mail and teams. I found that by installing intune it actually created a work profile and now everything works as it should. I have the Work Mode icon and I can turn off all the darn notifications I was getting all day and night. Halleluya!