Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gradient colours problem

(Topic created on: 27-02-2024 08:53 AM)
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, 

Like I said in a previous post comments, I saw this gradient problem on this phone but I thought it's not very important, but I see it when I take pictures as well and I felt disappointed. I don't know what is causing it but I hope it can be fixed. I had cheaper and older phones and I cannot remember seeing something like this.

Already reported to Samsung via feedback. 
S24U 

This photo is a screenshot from a social media platform. I have erased the text in case is not permitted. I have saved the picture in my gallery for comparison but it looks exactly the same. I have let bits of the frame from the social media platform for reference, because the gray looks solid compared to the faulty gradient colours from the picture itself. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can you do a screenshot from your Note 20 of the same image
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I just had a look. It's the same from the Note 20 Ultra. Thanks for highlighting this to me. Maybe it's the image and not the phone. But I have sent Samsung images via feedback with real pictures I've taken from the S24U that have this gradient problem and those are real.

And I have seen more pictures that looked the same from social media that look the same. I think it's a good idea to put more screenshots on this thread that I have taken with both phones for comparison so I will watch this thread.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't use social media much, so can't really comment about it. However the content I do use, streaming sites like YouTube, and games, my pictures or videos do not appear to exhibit any banding issues. I do have to say though that the 200MP camera mode can produce some very off photo's at times so it probably just needs a little bit of tweaking.
0 Likes
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For social media I only use FB and WhatsApp. Otherwise I just browse Google and I use my phone for taking pictures and office-like tasks and I don't play any games. I have seen the gradient problem on my phone while browsing FB as I said but I didn't want to complain about it. I just started to be intrigued when I saw it in the pictures I was taking. If you say that you don't have this problem, and I guess it would be pretty visible while you are playing games on your phone, seems like it's present only on some of the phones.

I would like someone to let me know if this would be a reason for me to try to replace the phone or wait for a fixing software update.

I would not like to send this phone and wait for a replacement because I have been using it for nearly 3 weeks and now we have a pretty good chemistry 😅 so I'd like to stretch it for an update instead. I love it and I cannot sense other annoying bugs except for the camera performance and the random screen gradient colours problem.
0 Likes
Aeb01
Journeyman
Options

Like the banding issue many users worldwide face, I am also facing a grainy screen problem.

Samsung's attitude about this issue is disappointing. Many people worldwide write about this problem on forum websites and contact service centers, and we only get "it is normal for AMOLED screens" as an answer.

This is not the first time in our lives we have used AMOLED screens. This is called the Mura effect, and you know it. Moreover, you know this is not normal. There is no such issue on the S23 Ultra or iPhone when you give them the screens.

The Mura effect is not just a problem when we use the phone indoors with dark themes. Watching films/TV series with dark scenes , etc., is disgusting.

This cannot be normal for a phone that claims to have the "best screen ever." Even watching films or using dark themes on the A52s is better.

If Samsung keeps this attitude, they are going to lose many customers.

Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you send them a feedback on the help page already? and what did they say?

My screen is fine, i haven't seen any grainy issues.
This banding issue on my phone only appears when I am browsing solid colours sometimes or I see it in the background of videos, not sure what it is and there is no official fix for it, maybe I am not informed here, but probably of there was, everyone would be talking about it. I also see it in pictures where there is a solid colour, but of course in both cases there must be some kind of shadows involved that probably we can't see with barren eye but the phone can't process it correctly.
The problem that is attributed to the screen, might be attributed to the AMOLED hardware( I really hope not) but I haven't seen it on any screen of my previous Samsung phones, especially the S20U which is my best Samsung screen so far, and it's not grainy even if it's cracked now and is fading and has a big punch of dead pixels, its still not grainy and it doesn't have the gradient problem and never did, albeit it's 4 generations old.
My S24U screen looks solid and I can't see anything that can point to a physical problem.
The camera issue I am pretty sure it's more related to software, which needs improving and I am sure alot of camera processing can be fixed from software, as much as the CPU will allow it of course.

Problem is, this phone is very expensive, everyone rushed to buy it, they've put it at the same price with the S23U so they make sure there is no competition with lasts years phone, which works flawlessly by now, albeit it doesn't have AI, I believe it basically has the same specs, plus 10x optical zoom on the camera.
I think they should've waited until this phone was ready for release instead of releasing it like this and get lots of complaints which they don't need, and not even a decent update was not available for it, but let's hope we get the next update soon after the Korea customers receive it. These issues for a phone that starts from £12k are very disappointing and I really didn't think it was going to be like this when I bought this phone.
0 Likes