Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
d666joey
Apprentice
Options
Hey guys I'm having trouble with my fingerprint scanner I have added 4 different fingerprints but when I go to unlock the screen it doesn't recognise my finger print. Is anyone else having the same issue?

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

It's been my experience that, and I know this sounds strange, sometimes the app itself is at fault and not the phone.

Go to Settings / Device care / Diagnostics / Phone diagnostics ... and test your own Fingerprint recognition.  

You might learn that the sensor wants to see a larger portion of your finger against the screen than what you're accustomed to.  Also, dry fingers don't work as well as a slightly damp finger.  :smiling-face: 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case

View solution in context

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@d666joey  some good advice, additionally I think fingerprint recognition works better by registering two different fingers twice.   you may need to delete the fingerprints and reregister.

In the event of continuing problems sometimes clearing the cache partition helps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer , other Device or TV USB, Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

Solution
d666joey
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. I will try that if it keeps happening. I currently have it working. I turned my fingerprint sensitivity down and deleted all current prints. Then I added them back, and it seems to be working. If this issue comes back, I will try this. Thank you to everyone who has messaged. I appreciate all the help.

View solution in context

Solution
nigeM
First Poster
Options
I've just had to delete my fingerprint and redo it after installing a screen protector. Seems fine again now

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Solution
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

It's been my experience that, and I know this sounds strange, sometimes the app itself is at fault and not the phone.

Go to Settings / Device care / Diagnostics / Phone diagnostics ... and test your own Fingerprint recognition.  

You might learn that the sensor wants to see a larger portion of your finger against the screen than what you're accustomed to.  Also, dry fingers don't work as well as a slightly damp finger.  :smiling-face: 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
gooner77
First Poster
Options
Maybe try changing your touch sensor, I did have trouble at first now I am using it with the sensitivity low and now it works fine.
0 Likes
d666joey
Apprentice
Options
It's not the app I couldn't unlock me phone with the fingerprint sensor it wouldn't recognise my fingerprint
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@d666joey  some good advice, additionally I think fingerprint recognition works better by registering two different fingers twice.   you may need to delete the fingerprints and reregister.

In the event of continuing problems sometimes clearing the cache partition helps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer , other Device or TV USB, Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

d666joey
Apprentice
Options
I tried that but I still have the same issue.
0 Likes
Solution
d666joey
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. I will try that if it keeps happening. I currently have it working. I turned my fingerprint sensitivity down and deleted all current prints. Then I added them back, and it seems to be working. If this issue comes back, I will try this. Thank you to everyone who has messaged. I appreciate all the help.
Solution
nigeM
First Poster
Options
I've just had to delete my fingerprint and redo it after installing a screen protector. Seems fine again now
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

On my phone the avenue is Settings > Security and Privacy > Biometrics > Fingerprints > Input your code > Check Added Fingerprints. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Possibly @d666joey  , but do try the option of checking your fingerprints as suggested in the same post by@davehorne 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes