Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the 3-position gesture navigation bar! #usability #navigation #android

(Topic created on: 27-01-2024 09:48 AM)
User000001
Apprentice
Options

On the S24, they've made a change to the navigation gesture bar. The old 3-position bar (swipe up for app drawer, home, back) has been replaced with a single bar in the middle that goes home. To go back, you have to swipe in from the sides, and opening the app task drawer is not as straightforward.

I believe it would be beneficial if they provided the option to have the three separate gesture navigation options back. This would allow users to choose the navigation method that they prefer and are most comfortable with. Galaxy S24 Ultra. Galaxy S24+. Galaxy S24 

106 REPLIES 106
Chris Android fan
Apprentice
Options

Sorry but i'm not going to relearn all this. When I didn't know I could get 3 swipes when I first got my Flip4, it drove me crazy. I loved the 3 swipes. Really easy to use.

Ctyeo
First Poster
Options

Yes, totally agreed. Samsung should have allow an option to retain the previous function instead of obliterate it completely 

Reza_XP
First Poster
Options

Samsung has now enforced this ***** to all previous phones as part One UI 6.1, it is absolutely annoying to the point I'm looking now to a way to downgrade the One UI, it keeps triggering back button when you swipe to type or vice versa, this is most aweful UX and I'm not sure why Samsung is pushing this

Members_o99u6Ym
First Poster
Options

You need to download GOODLOCK app first.

Samsung own GUI personalisation app basically. 

In the app, you download NavStar and after enabling it, go back in the navigation bar settings/more options and enable the swipe gestures. 

0 Likes
gbasile333
Apprentice
Options

When will samsung fix this. No warning just a comple new software change. 

Chris Android fan
Apprentice
Options

Will try this. I'm not updating my other phone so I don't lose the 3 swipes

0 Likes
Shane7
First Poster
Options

My s22 ultra just did an update automatically and I no longer have 3 position swipe anymore either. Like what??????

Jens Andersen
Journeyman
Options

What? Why remove options? That sux.

0 Likes
MysticEntity
Apprentice
Options

I can only agree, why forcw users to change something they used for years. At least have the respect to give the  option to go back. This is bs

0 Likes
MysticEntity
Apprentice
Options

Just in case it wasnt posted here

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/How-to-get-Samsung-navigation-gestures-back-on-One-UI-...

This post has a brilliant fix. I guess if Samsung cant do it we have to do it ourself

0 Likes