Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery level being misreported

(Topic created on: 15-03-2024 02:17 PM)
Hazel7797
Explorer
Options
My S24 Ultra was going along nicely for a week or so then all of sudden a couple of days ago it stated that my battery was low and needed charging (it was at 70%) Then, when it got to 34% it stated that it would shut down soon.

I turned off battery saver mode (I was charging it to 80% on maximum saver mode) as I wondered if that could be an issue and then charged it fully to 100% to see if that helped. It didn't, so I did the usual, turned it off, waited a couple of minutes and restarted it. As soon as it booted up it still showed a low battery warning at 100%.

Does anyone have any ideas please? I have optimised it and checked the battery health and it looks as it should. I should also say that it lasted for 36 hours (I turn it off every night) so I don't think there is an actual issue with the battery itself. It just seems to be that it doesn't recognise the actual battery percentage? 

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Hazel7797. That's an unusual issue that you've encountered. Please could you head to Samsung Members > Support > Phone diagnostics > Battery status, and see what's reported here?

Hazel7797
Explorer
Options
OK, thank you, I will try that.
0 Likes
Hazel7797
Explorer
Options
Battery status reports Normal?
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for checking that. That's a good sign. 👍 Can you recall when the issue first occurred (e.g. after installing a particular app or software update)?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You could try a full battery recycle.

Just run it down till it shutdowns and then full charge with the phone off to 100%
Also are you sure it's you phone or some accessory like a watch or something 🤔
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
Hazel7797
Explorer
Options
No, it was running quite normally up until a couple of days ago, and then . . . bam. I can't think of anything that changed? I'm not too worried about the battery itself as I said it seemed to last OK, it's just worrying when it says it's going to switch itself off when the charge is so high.
0 Likes
Hazel7797
Explorer
Options
No, I have no accessories. I am going to try to run it right out and then fully charge to 100% as suggested, thanks😊
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, I see. In addition to what you've tried and what you're going to be trying, @Hazel7797, I just wanted to check: are you using an official Samsung power adapter and cable to charge your S24 Ultra?

Hazel7797
Explorer
Options
I think so, 🤔 The cable is the one that came in the box with the phone and the charging plug says Samsung.