Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 Ultra - Overrated, rushed pile of *****.

(Topic created on: 17-03-2024 09:38 AM)
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options
I'm sure this will get deleted, cos the mods are weak. 

This phone really is the most overrated pile of ***** I've had. Left Xiaomi for this. 

Bad camera (very bad)
Lack of HDR 
Worst customer service 
Arrogant mods/PR 

Samsung will fall hard with this. Seriously. 
27 REPLIES 27
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I've chosen Samsung every time because of the software stability and promised constructive regular software updates, had Chinese phone and although it had good features, the software was weak and because of the intrusive ads I had a feeling that the phone was subtly hacked or interfered with without my consent. So, never again.
Members_iv1IrzW
Journeyman
Options

Why are yoy lying? I returned my s24 few days ago and the camera quality was really bad. If you really have s24 just please take two the same photos with 12mp and 50 mp of sth in orange color and you will see how colors are changing or take a picture in the mirror with the lamp above your face with 12 and 50mp and see what this phone does with the light and your face. It adds shades and stains. I made many different tests and results are tragic. The photos are awful. 

K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

I agree with your findings about the photos' quality in those scenarios. But then, it has already been shown in these forums, that it is not the hardware at fault but Samsung's crappy (yes, crappy, do not edit it, because it is true!) processing. Bad raw, bad overprocessing, mishandling of the different sensors.

Now we are all at the mercy of Samsung to grow a pair and release the necessary camera updates that will fix those issues. For a premium phone, this is a failure in that department. Can they give a portion of my money back and I will pay it once they fix their mess??!?!

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Nofear 

It is not a Samsung thing; all electronic equipment receives updates to improve performance and correct bugs that are not apparent at the time of release.

A simple example, I never use App A, B or C. Any bug affecting those apps will never be apparent to me. This could be extended to any functionality of the phone. As I said before, it should work better, but it is understandable that the more users the more likely these bugs will come to light.

There is the argument, that they should test more thoroughly, and they should. However, developing software is not as simple as it seems. Most tests are done automatically checking for a particular result. Real usage is more difficult to test for even when they have a group of testers. The number of testers can never be in the millions.

Another element is expectations. If I have a problem, I want it to be solved yesterday, but it is unlikely that Samsung will be releasing bug fixes with greater frequency than monthly.
It is frustrating, annoying, and unpleasant to have these issues, but they will be sorted as long as they are not a hardware fault.

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I do not think you will lose the discounts and promotions if you send the phone for repairs. You may lose them if you return the phone and then try to buy another phone now, because those promotions and discounts are no longer valid.

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @choccy31 

I do not think @Nofear  is the only one having issues with the camera on the phone. The stock Camera app needs some improvements. Changing from 12 to 50 MP causes the photos to change colour due to changes on ISO and speed settings among other things. It can also take pictures with lack of details on some occasions. Raw format needs a bit of TLC as well.

It can take excellent pictures on some conditions, but it is not consistent. The hardware is very capable, the app just needs to match it. Something that can be done with future firmware releases.

Being a professional photographer might have contributed to a better camera experience, but it is unrealistic to expect that all users would have your knowledge of photography. That is why, in my opinion, the stock camera app should have really good results on default settings.

The casual shooter, I think the majority of users, only wants to point and shoot. It is also unpractical to shoot in raw and do some postprocessing. It works for a small number of pictures, but it is very common to take hundreds of them in a short period.

Members_iv1IrzW
Journeyman
Options

Exactly, problem is in processing and shi..y AI. That's why I didn't want to wait and had to return because it is not worth the money. I wouldn't hope they repair it, this problem is the same in s23 and it was released 1,5 year ago.

Nofear
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you for this. I just wish I could have explained it like you could. This is exactly what I'm trying to say.