Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Throughout speed

(Topic created on: 17-08-2023 05:25 PM)
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
My Fibre recently got updated to 900/180.

I've noticed that the S23 struggles a little with throughput? Speedtests show it seems to cap around 550/600. This doesn't seem normal?

Granted 550/600 is enough but surely without 5ghz 160mhz, it should be capable of achieving better speeds than that?
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
mfarazshakir
Pioneer
Options
Does your router have WiFi 6e?
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
You could try another device or a laptop to see if they are the same. It could be limitations or settings in your router. Sometimes you have to upgrade your router to get faster speeds or settings could put a limit on bandwidth
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
No. It's an Asus AX86s
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
It's definitely the phone. I've also had speedtests hitting 740. So it just seems temperamental at times
MaNiAx
Explorer
Options
Nowt to with the router. I've done loads of testin and Samsung are throttling the WiFi speeds.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you connect a laptop to the router connected via ethernet cat6 cable what speed do you get then?

Be aware that speed test site are not 100% accurate and Internet connectivity is lost whilst being transmitted. You will find that when you connect to different site you get different line speeds.

Don't expect because you line has a theoretical throughput of 900mbps you will see that top speed all the time
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Speeds via cable are 940/185
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Just seems temperamental to me. I have had a 740/185 test but it's not consistently hitting that
0 Likes
mfarazshakir
Pioneer
Options
I've tried with the vodafone ultrahub that supports wifi 6e and get 950ish consistently on the s22 and s21 ultras. I get the same on s23 ultra as well but it is temperamental and not stable. Suddenly the WiFi freezes when using 6ghz only on the s23 ultra. I've also read on other forums about WiFi being generally unstable on s23 ultra compared to precious phonea