Did you mean: 

UI 6.1 SWIPE GESTURES

(Topic created on: 28-03-2024 01:12 PM)
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
***UPDATE***
NAV STAR IS NOW UPDATED.
CHECK GALAXY STORE FOR MOST RECENT VERSION.

Hey folks, Has anyone found a working fix for the swipe gestures feature? since upgrading to 6.1 the swipe gestures feature isnt working. Even downloaded good lock and i dont have the option for "enable extra swipe gesture options". This is the only thing ive found wrong so far, and its very annoying😑

Edit: If you download the newest version from apkmirror it allows you to change to the 3 bars. 

***UPDATE***
NAV STAR IS NOW UPDATED.
CHECK GALAXY STORE FOR MOST RECENT VERSION.
Go to solution
109 REPLIES 109
drew31186
First Poster
Options

I just wanted to agree with everyone, the removal of how I choose to interact with my device is fuggin stupid! I use to be a massive advocate for Samsung to family and friends, but not so much any more. The removal of apps like "video library", removal of gesture navigation and not to mention the slow removal of hardware (iris scanner, pulse/ox sensor, IR, removable media, removable battery) via "upgrades" in new phones. Samsung, please freaking STOP being like Apple and go back to how you were 5-7 years ago!

Spike91182
Apprentice
Options

Samsung has trashed their Swipe Gesture very well! It's beyond bad. It's frustrating as hell. People need to not stop complaining!

0 Likes
Spike91182
Apprentice
Options

Samsung: put backthe Old Swipe Gesture. Don't F*** around with something people use the whole time. This is the 1st time in 41 years I swear in public, but this is how bad it is! Junk

Abrock1215
Explorer
Options

I uninstalled navstar and reinstalled from galaxy store. Gestures work and Extra option to use swipes from the side and the bottom. cool.

0 Likes
Michel102
First Poster
Options

I'm glad to see the introduction of swipe gestures in the UI 6.1 update. It adds a whole new level of convenience to navigating through the interface. For more tips and tricks on maximizing your experience with UI 6.1, you can check out WhatsApp . We have a detailed guide on how to make the most out of these new gestures

0 Likes
Settelmeyer
First Poster
Options

Omg, this was so helpful!! Thank you so much. Hope this gets pushed to the top of the thread!

0 Likes
NigelGB
Journeyman
Options

This completely sucks. I've been using and loving swipe gestures for next, home and back buttons for many years, at least since I got my Samsung S9. It was just so natural.

Today I upgraded to ONE UI 6.1 and it's all broken.  

Even changing back to Swipe gestures, turning off  Assistant App and turning off Circle to Search, doesn't fix it.

The fact that they changed the default back to buttons suggests they KNEW something was wrong. I don't want buttons. I don't want a visible grey line at the bottom of my screen. I just want the intuitive swipe behaviour back.

Is there any way to get back the old simple intuitive behaviour?

Why would they suddenly change this long time behaviour?

Did anyone test this?

Has anyone been sacked yet? ... If not why not?

0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
This post literally tells you how to fix it, Also the navstar plugin from goodlock has a fix.
0 Likes
Stopper151
First Poster
Options

Hi.

First of all Samsung did not inform about gesture changes in report:

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G991B/NEE/doc.html

Second: some people cannot downlod navstar in galaxy store. Restricted in many countries.

Third: option for apk installation can be restricted if phone under company moderation. Why? Because only official store can be used and based on that see point 2 above.

I cannot solve the issue and got big troubles now. Please, restore gesture option.

0 Likes
NigelGB
Journeyman
Options

Yeah ... Why should we have to install Goodlock and Navstar, two 3rd party apps just to get the simple intuitive functionality back that we had before? People keep blaming Google but that's BS ... if those 3rd party apps can fix it why didn't Samsung? 

You can't tell me Samsung didn't see it in testing. I'm getting used to the swipe left to go back but the recent apps functionality is so awkward. A simple upward swipe has become hold just the right place at the bottom, for just the right amount of time, then drag up and pause at just the right time to see your recent apps list.

I even called Samsung support and the woman I spoke to said she completely agreed with me that it's virtually unusable.

0 Likes