Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED ? 6.1 bricked my s23 ultra

(Topic created on: a month ago)
ChambS7N
Student
Options
I'm in the UK just got the 6.1 update for my s23 ultra and half way though the update it just blank screens and now it's non responsive what do I do ? Help ? Never had a issue with a update before. 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@ChambS7N: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue while updating your Galaxy S23 Ultra. Did you perform the update over Wi-Fi via Settings > Software update, or using Smart Switch on a home computer? If you connect the phone to your charger, does the charge indicator appear on screen? 

If you performed the update over Wi-Fi, and you have access to a home computer, then you may wish to try Smart Switch to see if this helps. To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S23 Ultra using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

ChambS7N
Student
Options
False alarm 😮 it just came back to life after 30mins of unresponsiveness. And it's successfully installed 6.1.... what the hell was that about ? Updated via wi-fi with charger plugged in. NEVER had that behaviour happen before.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ChambS7N: That's good to hear. It's possible that the screen went blank while the update was being installed, although 30 minutes does seem like a long time. If others are affected in the same way though, then hopefully your post will offer some form of reassurance.