Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in

(Topic created on: 11-03-2023 12:34 PM)
Matt2411
Apprentice
Options

I am going to post my old S21 Ultra to Samsung now I have received my S23 Ultra.

The postage has two options, the second of which is paid for but which has a higher insurance level. I'm going to go with this to play it safe.

However if I use this second postage option, how do they verify that the parcel is from me and not someone else? Should I include the original free postage label inside the box?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

They'll be able to match up the phone with the imei you've added in on the trade in page @Matt2411 

That said it wouldn't harm to include the label , and personally I'd include a note with my relevant information.

Also take time and date stamped photo's of the phone with one of it turned On and one of the water indicator usually found in the sim card tray.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

They'll be able to match up the phone with the imei you've added in on the trade in page @Matt2411 

That said it wouldn't harm to include the label , and personally I'd include a note with my relevant information.

Also take time and date stamped photo's of the phone with one of it turned On and one of the water indicator usually found in the sim card tray.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Matt2411
Apprentice
Options

Brilliant, thank you

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Matt2411 

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra phone 👍 

MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
There should be a ref number on the smart switching sheet of paper which came with your new phone, just make sure that is included in the parcel and also on the front.

I didn't receive a label for my phone but did for my headphones, soo I just wrote out the address and everything with the reference number for the phone.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The supplied label has a unique code which links to your specific details and the phone.
So when they scan the label it will be linked to your trade in.
As @BandOfBrothers has said, also the IMEI number.
You are definitely doing the right thing and sending it with the paid tracking postage.
Remember to tell them the phones current value.
Take photos of the phones condition and with the screen turned on.
I take photos of how I pack mine and the postage label as well.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I done the same and went with the higher postage cost.
Just put the label they send you on the parcel,the post office will do the rest.
Always a good idea to take pictures of your phone before you send it just incase.
Members_n5KuSNG
First Poster
Options

when you trade your old phone in do they send all the  stuff out  that you need with your new  phone  ?

0 Likes