Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of mobile signal

(Topic created on: 11-03-2023 12:21 PM)
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Been using an Ultra S23 since release date with no problems. Installed the Patch dated 01 Mar 23 on 09/03. Today, I have had no mobile signal coverage - emergency calls only. Rebooted phone and it went straight to 5G. 

Hope this is a one-off. Anyone else had similar issues? 
13 REPLIES 13
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra and updated to the March update and signal hasn't been affected @redsunset2022 

If this happens again try Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Connection.

You could also try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Thank you for your suggestions @BandOfBrothers. I will try clearing the cache as I know from participating in several Galaxy Android beta programmes this can fix a range of issues. Fingers crossed it was just an unusual set of circumstances that triggered it and it doesn't re-emerge.
0 Likes
ComradeAndroid
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue, my cell signal cuts out completely, or has full signal but emergency calls only. If I restart my phone, turn airplane mode on and then off, or reseat the SIM card, the signal comes back on but only temporarily. It has gotten to the point where no matter what, I have no mobile data even if it says 5G. I have already reset network connections. This only started some time after the newest update.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
It might be worth switching off 5g to see if it improves. I.e change setting in mobile networks to 2g,3g,4g and see if it stabilises. Many networks throttle speeds for 5g anyway so you may not always benefit from the full 5g speed where available depending on your mobile contract and 100mbps speed is still fast. Hope this helpsScreenshot_20230313_014401_Call settings_1000008110_1678671864.jpg
0 Likes
Pe3ček
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here with S23. Phone keeps loosing signal when I come out from home where WiFi calling is activated. It seems like switching from WiFi calling to mobile signal is the problem. Turning off 5G helps a little but issue still appears. Reseting network connection does not help.

Members_TcNRyK3
Student
Options

I have an s21 ultra exactly with the same problem I was hoping samsung had fixed this in the s23 ultra but it seems not so I will switch for another brand maybe xiaomi or oppo. 

Si30a
Explorer
Options
Yes I've been experiencing this signal loss and my s23 is unusable at tomes I've had 4 engineer visits and a dozen complaints but still they say my phone is fine and won't refund me I'm sick of samsung and this rubbish phone
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Hi @Si30a. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your phone. When I wrote the article, I was alarmed because it was the first security patch the phone had received, but after following some of the suggestions like clearing cache my issue of having no signal for voice calls resolved. However, I did continue to suffer with frequent weak data connections for a while afterwards, even in a city and urban area. I went to the o2 shop and they replaced the sim there and then. Despite my scepticism, it did make a significant improvement.
Hope you get some luck in fixing your problem. One final suggestion you could try is to see if it is any better using the second sim slot.
0 Likes
Si30a
Explorer
Options
Hi @redsunset2022 I've tried every different network sims and my partner and son are on thr same network, I'm in the car and can't even load google and my sons streaming you tube so it's not a network issue it's a hardware fault I too have had countless issue with no fault codes but clearly the phone is broken somewhere but samsung complaints don't give a toss at all as I want a refund and never buy a samsung ever again such appalling customer service this has been happening every day since it came out they must think I like contacting them... So I'm stuck with this piece of ***** and don't know what to do. @samsung
0 Likes