Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start up sound on Galaxy S23

(Topic created on: 15-10-2023 09:01 AM)
Markphg
Student
Options

I would like to turn the notification sound off that you get when you switch the phone on. I can't seem to find anywhere to do this, can anyone help please. 

9 REPLIES 9
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Just put the phone on silent.

MB
0 Likes
Markphg
Student
Options

I don't want to keep switching between silent and sounds, I just want to disable the start up sound.

AndrewL
Options

@Markphg: It isn't possible to disable the start up sound in the phone's settings, I'm afraid. Further to the above, you can place your phone on silent before powering it off, or head to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Volume > System, and move the slider all the way to the left so it mutes. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Impossible.

MB
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

My phone makes no sound when I turn it on either from being completely off or a restart.

I have, under Setting / Sounds and vibration / System sound volume, set to completely off.

EDIT - Just now I adjusted the System sound volume level to being on and restarted my phone.  My phone still makes no sound when starting up.  I have no idea why this is but it's not an issue for me.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
Alan-Hazard
Navigator
Options
S22,doesn't have a start up sound .
0 Likes
SteveGol
Student
Options

Will Samsung update so this can be disabled. It's amazingly annoying!

SteveGol
Student
Options

I just spoke to Samsung and tried some suggestions. I found out that this startup sound on my S23 Ultra is caused by having any volume on the Ringtone. If I set it to no sound, then the Startup does not sound. Although it works, it's not a very good solution. I'd have to turn on the Ringtone each time in order to hear the phone ring.

I'll look into automating the turning off at shutdown and on after startup and see if that works.

0 Likes
Bob from RI
First Poster
Options
0 Likes