Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some notifications not working on data

(Topic created on: 16-08-2023 09:48 PM)
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
I've been having a problem where some notifications don't come on when I'm on data and only when I'm on WiFi. I have Internet connection when I'm on data but I don't know why this might be?
Anyone have any idea? 
22 REPLIES 22
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What notification are late, what app(s)? 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you look in the apps permissions and also in your notification settings to ensure they look good for the app(s) @colombianmuse 

One option is to clear the cache of the app via Settings > Apps > Choose the app > Storage > Clear Cache. 

This could also be an app issue too.

Have a look at the reviews for the app in your Playstore to see if others are experiencing similar issues to  you,  and if necessary you could also contact the app developer.

As @Tourbillon De La Vie asks can you share which apps are causing this.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
Thank you both! So it's weird, it'll be my banking apps, or apps that I know I normally get notifications from like YouTube, but yeah when I'm out sometimes they don't work?
0 Likes
Kejcioszek
Journeyman
Options

Anything new in this case? I have the same issue - not getting notifications while I'm using mobile data

Kent Chia
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have the same problem.  is there any updates?  one of the apps that i have issue is whatsapp.  When it happens, i do not receive any notification when messages are sent to me.  If i were to open the apps, the incoming message will be shown, and for the next few minutes, the apps will work when messages are sent to me.  However, after a while, it will stop again as if the apps is put to sleep.  Any one encountered this or have any solution?

0 Likes
Andy__M
First Poster
Options
I'm also getting this issue, a huge rush of notifications when I reconnect to WiFi, many different apps and not always the same. Help please!
0 Likes
Kent Chia
Journeyman
Options

Hi, may i suggest that you check if you have granted permission for your apps to use mobile data?  i can understand if that was the case, i have checked mine and permission was granted.  my problem still not resolved.

0 Likes
ScrumpyJack
Journeyman
Options
Are you with Three? Other people have had this with Three and found getting the Adult Content Filter turned off has fixed it
0 Likes
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
I was before but I'm with EE now and as far as I know I don't have a filter on 😔
0 Likes