Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim manager appears at start (esim)

(Topic created on: 10-03-2023 02:48 PM)
InsaneRetroGamer
Journeyman
Options
Everytime I restart my phone the bloody sim manager appears asking to check for esim removal or update or something..

Anyway to stop this? 

I only have an esim on my phone and no physicals. 

Please help its annoying 
8 REPLIES 8
Esurient
Navigator
Options
Don't think you can stop it. Had the same issue on my S22. Fortunately i buggered the transfer of the esim to my S23 & have a physical sim now. No more annoying pop up!
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
It used to happen on my Note 20 when I had an eSIM unfortunately I don't think there's a way to stop it sadly
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @InsaneRetroGamer, the informationheld on an eSim is the responsibility of your network service provider. I found that when I had one I was having continual issues, especially as I needed one for my Watch 5 Pro as well.
As a Samsung user, not involved with the company in anyway, I decided to revert back to a physical Sim in my phone and keep the eSim in my watch. Guess what? No issues since.

I know eSim is meant to be the way forward, but I do not believe that the service providers are ready for it yet. Whenever I spoke to my service provider support teams I felt like I was pointing them down the correct paths to follow.

I would recommend you revert to a physical Sim for now, see if your issues disappears and ho from there. If your issues remain at least you've taken eSim out of the equation.
0 Likes
WakeX
Student
Options

S23+ 512GB here, very annoying that the "Update SIMs"-popup shows up after every start of the device, even when I'm only using one eSIM (which can't store contacts like traditional SIM cards anyway, so updating it makes no sense).

Either suppress this popup automatically when only one eSIM and no other SIMs are present or give us a setting to turn it off forever manually please.

Edit - Got a reply to the feedback I sent about this, apparently it will be changed in a future software update so it won't show the popup again.

Options

I wrote this to them a year ago. It's useless.

0 Likes
Members_Jz0QdtA
Student
Options

I have the same annoying pop up on my S23. Can you share their answer? looks like something that they forgot to implement nicely. 

0 Likes
Nufei
Explorer
Options
Also happens on my s23+
E-sim only
0 Likes
CyrusXxX
Journeyman
Options

Same here with esim on my S23 Ultra.

I had same issue with S21U and S22U.

Only seen this with Samsung no other devices...

0 Likes