Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23FE ... Samsung confirm no offline spell check.

(Topic created on: 17-01-2024 02:11 PM)
NamesNick
Journeyman
Options
Upgrading from a S7 (finally). No spell check on this phone S23FE, and tech support have just informed me it's apparently only available in the online model. Gboard doesn't function either. Anyone else miss the spell check capability of old ... the red underline? Quite frankly gobsmacked that this has disappeared. Only online, with the inherent security of passwords going to third party, and potential data costs when roaming make this a non starter for me. Funnily enough same issue on Samsung Tab A8, so it's systemic to Samsung. They're gonna lose me as a customer.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You should have the option of  Text Corrections which highlights  words and phrases via My Grammarly.  Go to Settings-General Management-Samsung Keyboard-Suggest Text Corrections.  There is also a Text Correction on Gboard https://www.keyboardapps.net/gboard-text-corrections 

Can also have a look at this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/help-want-to-buy-a-samsung-phone-with-function... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

NamesNick
Journeyman
Options
Thanks James4578.
Your last link shows a pic of the issue - Grammarly with no spell check. Tried Gboard - doesn't work - tech support remoted into my phone to set it up with no luck. The S23FE doesn't have a functioning spell check. Do you know whether a bog standard S23 does? Don't want third party access to my typing data for extremely obvious security concerns. Surprised Samsung even suggest this!! Samsung don't appear interested.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

on the base S23 if you toggle Auto Replace off incorrectly spelt words should be underlined in red

shown in this short video but one comment that there were issues.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
NamesNick
Journeyman
Options
I have seen that video. It appears the spell check only works applied to secondary languages (above), not the default language (below). I may try Samsung tech one more time. Just bought a £90 Motorola which does have spell check, so demonstrates it's the Samsung implementation of Android 13 that is flawed. Samsung won't ever 'own' this, though. Corporate image outweighs fact. Seen that issue somewhere else recently!!
0 Likes