Did you mean: 

S23FE Audio Issue

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Brockster77
First Poster
Options

Hi guys.

S23FE Audio issues through USB Port.

Headphones work fine using Spotify at all volumes.

When using a different music App to play local files( any music app for that matter as have tried several), at full volume, the headphones work fine. The second you try and turn down the volume though, the music disappears and you get a squealing static sound in both ear pieces. Turn the volume back to Max and they work fine again.

Have cleared USB cache etc but still having same issue.

Any ideas?. Phone is only 2 months old.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Are you using a USB C dongle with your headphones plugged into it via the 3.5mm jack?
0 Likes
Brockster77
First Poster
Options

No dongle. Usb headphones direct into the usb port.

0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm wondering if it's something to do with permissions for each app? Have you tried restarting your phone while the headphones are still plugged in with Spotify swiped closed before restarting your phone?
0 Likes
Brockster77
First Poster
Options

Yeah tried that. It's been working fine since I bought the phone. Then just suddenly 2 days ago, it started doing it. Have downloaded and reinstalled the samsung music app, as well as a couple of others and they're all doing it. Only app that works fine is Spotify. I thought maybe I had a corrupt audio file, so added them all to spotify local file play list and they work fine. Have gone into developer node and disabled USB audio routing, restarted phone, re-enabled it and restarted phone, and hasn't fixed it either. As soon as I open one of the music apps and try and turn the volume down, instant squealing. Turn the volume to Max and it works fine again. Even try setting volume limit....nope. Got me stuffed.

0 Likes
Brockster77
First Poster
Options

Issue has now seemed to have resolved itself after latest update 

0 Likes