Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ULTRA TEXT ARE NOT INDICATING SENT OR READ

(Topic created on: 28-02-2023 06:06 PM)
JennyR738
Student
Options

I upgraded from the S22+ to the S23 ultra. Ever since I upgraded my messages don't indicate sent nor read! It's driving me crazy. Anyone else having this issue. I've called Samsung and Tmobile and no one has answers. I was given the run around by Samsung. I was told to go to my carrier (Tmobile) and have them activate the RCS. I went to Tmobile and they had no idea. I called samsung numerous times trying to get this figured out and nothing! I personally don't like Google messages so i would really like to get samsung figured out!

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@JennyR738: Please try heading to the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > More settings > Text messages > Show when delivered (On) > Back > Multimedia messages > Show when delivered (On) > Show when read (On). Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung recently has started pushing Google messages on to people. Don't know why.

I have switched back to Samsung messages and it works fine for me so you could give that a try.

There could also be issues if you have done a smartwatch which could have messed something.

Try a wipe cache either of the app or the phone.
0 Likes
KazzyAndrews1
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have this same issue and more with messages since getting a Samsung s23 Ultra

I cannot send MMS messages either and apparently this a Samsung issue .. I am with giffgaff and they have tried helping me lots & still no joy

On my old Samsung S10 i had no problems sending MMS messages with giffgaff

I do now, if anyone knows how to resolve this, please let me know

Thanks

Karen 

0 Likes
Goodygirl
First Poster
Options

I just also upgraded to the S23 Ultra from the S21 Ultra. I am unable to set my text messages for me to be able to see if they are sent, received or read like my other phone. Am I missing something? 

Drea_78
First Poster
Options

This pathway is not on the Samsung 23 ultra. When you click on the message app it goes 3 dots>Settings>More Settings>Text Messages> and the only options under this pathway are Input mode, SIM card messages and Message Center.

These steps are not there at all: Show when delivered (On) > Back > Multimedia messages > Show when delivered (On) > Show when read (On).

Please try heading to the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > More settings > Text messages > Show when delivered (On) > Back > Multimedia messages > Show when delivered (On) > Show when read (On).

The read/delivery was working then stopped.

0 Likes
Essence of Journey
First Poster
Options

This isn't on my phone. 

Please try heading to the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > More settings > Text messages > Show when delivered (On) > Back > Multimedia messages > Show when delivered (On) > Show when read (On).

So is there another solution to this problem

newton150
First Poster
Options

This option is not on my new Galaxy S23 Ultra either and I would like to activate it.  Any suggestions on how to make the read/delivered option on text messages work ???? 

Howie0520
Student
Options

I have the same issue and I just bought my s23 ultra with T mobile, I was googling for help, and saw this post,  I figured it out. There are 2 text message apps on my s23 ultra,  there is a google text app and the other is the samsung text app (that I have been using before going from my s20+ to the s23 ultra).   When I got my phone, they just default it to the google text message app, and it does not show the read receipt, nor does the google message app have a trash folder in case you accidentally deleted the text, you can't retrieve it.  The samsung text message app is the blue and white icon with the 3 dot in my middle. 

so I figured it out, how to go back to the samsung text message app. 

go to setting, then app, go to messages, and you will see 2 message app, one is the google text message app blue icon with no dots,  the other is the samsung one (the blue and white icon with 3 dots in the middle), select the samsung message app, scroll down a bit, select message app, it will say default sms app, it will allow you to select which text message app you want as default. I selected the samsung text app, and I am back to using the text app that I have been using for years. Hope my info helps you guys. 

0 Likes
Howie0520
Student
Options

Sorry guys, I jump the gun a bit, it did not show the read either on my end, even though I select send receipt.