Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra not charging

(Topic created on: 09-10-2023 08:22 PM)
Lurch2408
Apprentice
Options
Got the S23 Ultra in July and haven't had one problem with anything on it.......until the last update. Since the day of the last update my phone has been intermittent with fast charging or won't charge at all. The wireless charging works fine but it's not always practical plus it won't stay connected to my car via USB C. It has never been dropped, is in a heavy-duty case and always careful with putting the USB C cable in as they are so flimsy nowadays. Has anyone else had this problem or is it time to get on the phone to Samsung?
24 REPLIES 24
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options
Have you tried different chargers and cables?
Lurch2408
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I have tried different cables, plugs, plug sockets, laptops, powerbanks, you name it I have tried it lol It will charge the odd time for a few seconds then it'll stop again. I have looked in and brushed the port too and not even a spec of dust came out of it. Think it's going to be a trip to the Samsung Support Centre, hopefully it will come under the manufacturers warranty 🤞🏻
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Could be down to the beta update wait till stable comes out and see
Lurch2408
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I was thinking that, stupidly I did a system update without waiting a few weeks to check if all the bugs were cleared. I never update straight away but thought it was an updaye patch because it was a new phone.
0 Likes
Ads
Pioneer
Options
But have you registered for the beta? If not, then you just received a regular update.
Also, have you tried a hard reset?
Lurch2408
Apprentice
Options
No I didn't register for the beta but you know what some of the updates and security patches are like. There were reports of high battery temperatures and keyboards not working on the new One UI 5.1 update, but the charging port not working just out of the blue on a phone not even 3 months old is really disappointing. I was going to do a hard reset but I'm not even sure that will remove the last update?
Ads
Pioneer
Options
To be fair, I've never had any issues with any of the updates since moving to Galaxy phones several years ago.
I would say a hard reset is definitely worth a try before having to send your phone off for a repair - I've worked in IT for 30yrs and sometimes a reset is all something needs to get it working properly again.
0 Likes
Parzival_310
First Poster
Options

Hello lurch , i too own an S23 Ultra .. after 5.1 update my phone few days back is not charging .. same issue with you .. ive also updated my phone to stable One UI 6.0 .. issue is not still solved .. any update regarding this ?

0 Likes
ukadam123
Journeyman
Options
Same issue here - since the latest update I can't charge wired via car or PC. Charges fine using a stand along charger though, this issue is only when I charge via something else. Weirdly it's intermittent, sometimes it works fine.
0 Likes