Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra not charging after latest update

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Bri_Mac
Journeyman
Options

Hi Guys since I installed the latest update yesterday 3rd of April 24 my S23 Ultra has charging issues.

When I plug my samsung S23 ultra into the samsung original fast charger (which I have 2 one in the house and one in work) my phone gets to 79% then starts to drop,

I have tried both chargers and they both do the same thing.  

Before the recent update I never had an issue with charging my phone

1. I have tried switching my phone off and re-starting it a few times but to no avail 

2. It's original samsung chargers that I use in work & home.

3. My car charger has started to flash on and off in my car at 79 also which is a Quad Lock wireless charging unit.

8 REPLIES 8
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Is the battery protection set to maximum? 

0 Likes
Bri_Mac
Journeyman
Options

The Battery is set at Basic

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try diagnostics via Samsung members app 

Contact Samsung tech support just in case. 

0 Likes
Bri_Mac
Journeyman
Options

Tested the diagnostics app no issues 

0 Likes
Members_OmST6Gc
First Poster
Options

In latest uodate max charge when battery protected charging  is on is 80% - previously it was 85%

0 Likes
Members_OmST6Gc
First Poster
Options

You now have other battery protection options like basic: charges to 100% then doesn't charge until 95% --- or adaptive which charges to 80% when you're asleep and then does basic when you're not asleep

0 Likes
Bri_Mac
Journeyman
Options
Got it on basic charge. The other issue is that the battery is draining rapidly. I've run the device care in the settings no issues or background apps running! It seems that after the latest software update the battery is having big issues
0 Likes
Ashutosh_27
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue with my S23, Sometimes the charging information is not showing and reverse charge after 80%.

0 Likes