Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra charging issues?

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Joe93uk
Apprentice
Options
Hi all 
I have an s23 ultra which I've owned for around 6 months, it's a great phone however recently it has stopped superfast charging, I had a 45w belkin plug I think with a lower wattage wire, even with this wire though it still would fast charge and full charge would be done in under an hour. In the last couple of weeks I noticed that it was no longer fast charging so replaced my charger and wire (believing that to be the issue) with an anker 45w plug and wire, I realised the wire was only a 3a wire it worked but would not fast charge, i have just bought an iniu 100w 5a wire which for some reason does not seem to be registered by the phone at all, I thought maybe the wire was faulty bur have tried it in a few other devices and there is no issue whatsoever.
I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and is samsung throttling charging capability on last year's phones, it's frustrating that this new wire will not even register but it states clearly that this wire is compatible with the s23 ultra on the site.
8 REPLIES 8
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What makes you think it is not super fast charging? Did you contact wire supplier tech support to inquire? 

0 Likes
Joe93uk
Apprentice
Options
I spoke to the wire provider they said that it should support s23 ultra and like I said I've tries it on other devices and it works, also I know it's not fast charging because at 0 it takes around 2 and a half hours to charge to 100% and as I previously stated it was taking 45 mins to fully charge.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
S23 Ultra cannot charge from 0 to 100 in 45 minutes. Not physically possible.

I would always recommend using Samsung charger and cable, you know it is then designed for your Samsung device.
0 Likes
Joe93uk
Apprentice
Options
My apologies it was maybe 60-70 mins but now it takes more than double that.
Also that was previously with aftermarket plugs and cable, I've never had a genuine Samsung charger with any Samsung phone and never struggled to fast charge, I've had Samsung since the s6.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mine takes about an hour and 10 using Samsung 45w charger and Samsung cable. 🤞
0 Likes
Joe93uk
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I definitely think they've maybe disabled this ability with aftermarket plugs/cable as it was working fine maybe 2 weeks ago, its not really a massive problem but just a pain if you need to quickly top it up as 30% from 0 is taking me 45mins ish
0 Likes
Joe93uk
Apprentice
Options
I've noticed I'm not the only person with this complaint since 6.1 came out also
0 Likes
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
I'm using the older Samsung 25w travel plug along with a 2m long anker USB 2 cable and I'm still getting super fast charging option.

Anker USB-C to USB-C Cable, 643 Cable 100W 6ft, USB 2.0 Type C Charging Cable Fast Charge for MacBook Pro 2020, iPad Pro 2020, iPad Air 4, iPad Mini 6, Galaxy S21, Pixel, Switch (Daffodil Yellow) https://amzn.eu/d/1wLGcDO

Haven't noticed any slow done in my charging after the update, both on mains or in the car.

Never tried the 45w charger as the speed difference wasn't worth the purchase to me. 1712216038078.jpg1712216038099.jpg
0 Likes