Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra, How to turn off pictures Refining

(Topic created on: 12-03-2023 12:10 AM)
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys,
I'm facing issues in my newly bought Samsung s23 ultra phone, when ever i click picture on 200 and 50 mega pixel , it refines the picture, 
, which is when i go to gallery to check picture, for the first few seconds the picture looks normal but after few seconds the same picture gets dark, look like some kind of filter add on.
I'm not getting how to turn this refining picture option turn off , 
If any one knows the solution please help me.
63 REPLIES 63
Ivana10
Journeyman
Options

Oh! That's weird, I installed the camera assistant and turned on the option for faster processing and worked extremely well! I have the s23 ultra for almost 4 months now and had no issues so far. Actually, is a complete beast and I love it! I always used iPhone but I was done with it so I switched to android, it was a great decision. I hope that you find a solution for that issue and that you can finally enjoy the phone, it would be very sad to return it.

0 Likes
Ivana10
Journeyman
Options

And for the 100.0x issue, that's even weirder, bellow you can see that I am able to use it normally. Maybe your device is defective or something... have you tried going to Samsung and explain the issues? Maybe they will help you. 

20230707_131451.jpg

0 Likes
Novell
Student
Options

Hello.
I have same problem with camera on 50 and 200 mp. I try with Camera Assistant and everything was fine before last update. They remove Hight Resolution option from menu and problem with image refines come back!

Deathbyillusion
Journeyman
Options

Everyone that has this issue I don't know if there's a specific way to turn it off cuz seeing Optimizer does more. Then it renders extra stuff in the background to try to get you the best photo possible.

The only way I know to completely remove any filters off of it is if you go into Pro mode you can adjust the settings manually which can be kind of a pain because a lot of it's manual adjustments. I mean they do have an auto focus Focus setting along with manual but you still have to like adjust the lighting and everything to you're liking.

Basically they're trying to make the standard camera user-friendly so that people that don't take good photos it will still turn out good.

Again besides turning off scene Optimizer I don't know of another way to turn it off but it's definitely not a glitch it's just part of the software.

Novell
Student
Options

Ok. Lets have it. Everything will be fine if they add option to turn it off/on. Simple.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Settings - Device Care - Battery - Camera

Disable "Put app to sleep"

If this setting is left in the ON position it will create conflict with app's ability to properly shut down when exiting Camera.

0 Likes
Elaust
Journeyman
Options

Can you turn off post processing? It keeps distorting my images

Elaust
Journeyman
Options

I'm only able to avoid this issue if I use the pro setting... I hate the filter that's added onto the normal images. It also distorts the images too. 

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If you install the camera assistant, yes. You need to disable the picture softening.1690414812144_1690414812133_0.jpg
0 Likes
Members_1olbuy0
First Poster
Options

Im having all the same issues. Driving me mad as I sometimes spend a bit of time setting up the camera settings, creating the right brightness in the photo preview, for it to only jump to a completely different photo after about 5 seconds. 

The pro mode is no different. No matter how i set it up, manual or auto even with a low ISO in decent light, the preview looks great, then the photo jumps adding soooo much

colour noise the photo looks like something of a phone from 10 years ago. My s10e never had any issues like that at-all in photo or pro mode... till it received an update that is. 

WTF is going on Samsung. 

0 Likes