Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 shuts down at 4% battery left

(Topic created on: 20-08-2023 06:38 PM)
Members_CkZOGHb
First Poster
Options

Hi,

My S23 usually shuts down although the battery is not at 0 nor 1%. Usually it happens at 4%. Why ? My previous phone didn't act that way! 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's never a good idea to regularly let your phone battery get that low, it's a great way of destroying your battery.
Nufei
Explorer
Options
I'd see the battery health in options

If you haven't charged the phone up to 100% yet, do so
The % is a guess
It can't accurately know the exact the battery level is so once charged to 100 it can then learn and adjust
0 Likes
keith30
Mastermind
Options
You shouldn't let it get to that low, it can destroy the battery. You usually get a low battery notification if it's switched on at about 16 to 15%. That's the sign for you to recharge it.
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It isn't a problem letting it drop to 0%, just don't let it stay low on power for a long time.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung phones are are pretty useless once you hit 10% same between 100% to 90% but they average in between.

It's kinda normal. I wouldn't worry that much.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Members_CkZOGHb
First Poster
Options

Yes I know I shouldn't let the battery level that low, but sometimes (+/- once a month) I do in order to calibrate the battery. Anyway, I don't understand why a phone shuts down before 0%, it's not reliable at all. If it was several years old, OK, but I've had it for 3-4 months so that's a weird behaviour...

0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You have to understand how a phone measures it's battery % in order to understand why it can be inaccurate at times.
0 Likes