Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Extend Unlock" not working with "Trusted Places" (i.e., Home)

(Topic created on: 14-12-2023 12:47 AM)
Mike246
First Poster
Options

On my Samsung S23 Ultra (through Verizon), the "Extend Unlock" feature is not working with "Trusted Places" (set to my home address selected using Google Maps) while I am home. Even with that set in "Trusted Places" (and being there!), I'm having to enter my phone's 4-digit PIN *each* time I turn on my phone -- even if it's a minute after it was on the previous time. (I also have a "Trusted Device" specified (my laptop which is almost always running), but my phone doesn't appear to recognize that either as I still have to input my phone's 4-digit PIN each time I turn it on.) This is very frustrating!

50 REPLIES 50
SyCoREAPER
Journeyman
Options

If you k ow what you're getting yourself into that's different. It sounded like you were out of spite blindly switching. 

If you don't care about the limitations and you're really that unhappy with the S23 out of all phones, it might be a good idea to try. 

If you do come back to Android,  avoid Xiaomi, Redmi (both littered reddit and forums with problems), Motorola, Pixel.

As for Apple, if you do switch, make sure you "deregister", yes that's what it's called, on Googles site before switching to iMessage to avoid issues

0 Likes
Amyetheradest
Apprentice
Options

Thank you! 

Since I posted my extended lock has been working  with no issues. Go figure haha. 

0 Likes
SyCoREAPER
Journeyman
Options

Glad to hear it. I'll be honest, and this can apply to anyone else reading, Samsung despite some annoyances is handsdown the best brand I've owned. 

I've had Motrola, Sony, LG, Nexus (RIP), Pixel, and obviously Samsung. Outside of (my opinion) the S24 Ultra being inferior (and returned) to the S23 Ultra, I've owned every flagship Samsung since the S10 5G. 

Not a flex, just pointing out that despite the issues, they are one of the best out there. 

As for the Extended Unlock, this is a stupid situation but wonder if it is Samsung or Android code issues. 

If anyone is interested, ill go through my electronics bins and see if I still have any Motoroloas or LGs to test if they have the same issue. 

0 Likes
Members_u2H9Um1
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. I don't really care much about phones anyway but it sucks when features don't work as expected.

Carlw4
Explorer
Options

It's unfortunately become naive of us to expect anything to actually work nowadays. I'm not trying to be cynical or negative, I'm simply speaking from MUCH life experience.

Tired_of_the_BS
Student
Options

That is some truth right there.

Probsolve
First Poster
Options

I have a galaxy s22. I found it works if I don't close the cover, but not all the time. Makes sense I guess as if you leave the trusted place you want it be locked.

0 Likes
Members_OqbOJRO
Student
Options

You can't write cr*p because it could emotionally destroy some snowflake, somewhere, in the west 😁

Members_OqbOJRO
Student
Options

Hey man I used to be an iPhone guy... Don't do it. Yes the GUI is probably the best in the world but, although it is your phone, you can't do anything like android unless you jailbreak it; voiding the warranty. At those prices that would definitely suck!

gavinnivag
Student
Options
Stopped working for me
Not good
Samsung please sort this out