Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick share doesn't work

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Hosein
Explorer
Options

I tried to share a file with my friend and I noticed I can't share anything using quick share even though both devices Bluetooth is on and they're on latest update. 

My phone can simply recognize any samsung devices and share file with them however it can't detect other brand devices with the new quick share, it doesn't detect nearby share as well.

I'm honestly bothered with this, I used to to use nearby share before one ui 6.1 and now it's missing, and I can't even share files with pixel or one plush phone with latest update that has quick share.

What's ironic is that one plus phone can flawlessly share files with pixel or other phones even older ones. I'm sure there is something wrong with samsung quick share.

13 REPLIES 13
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
You need to give the permission

Settings >connected devices>quick share. See screenshot for options you need to check.1715193000438_1715193000433_0.jpg
0 Likes
Hosein
Explorer
Options

I checked on both of devices everything is fine on both ends and still my S23 can't detect other devices except Samsung. I'm frustrated since I have bought a new one plus tablet and was happy that I can share files without third-party apps and now I have to install on both devices, I mean what was wrong with nearby share and now we have a broken quick share

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Don't forget to change the setting 'who can share with you' to 'Everyone'
0 Likes
Hosein
Explorer
Options

I checked on both and they're all set to everyone still issue exists however as of now the other non Samsung device detects my phone and send files but its detection time is too slow, I waited for 2 3 minutes on both devices and still my Samsung phone can not detect any non Samsung phones

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Any problems with Bluetooth in general?
0 Likes
Hosein
Explorer
Options

Nope, both work pretty fine, I think this happened after I installed one ui 6.1.

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
There's 3 entries for Quick Share in Settings>Apps

Can you try wiping the cache and data for all these. Also, check all of their permissions.

Also, ensure Nearby Devices scanning is toggled on in settings>connections>more connection settings1715370639965_1715370639955_0.jpg
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Hosein . Are you trying to share the file(s) via the QR Code or via the URL?

Please can you elaborate on what happens when you try to use Quick Share, and which steps you've followed so far?

0 Likes
Hosein
Explorer
Options

Problem still exists however other devices now detect my phone asap and send files quickly but still my phone can not detect them while all other phones detect each other pretty fine

0 Likes