Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE UI 6 NOTIFICATION ISSUES

(Topic created on: 28-11-2023 11:00 PM)
IshS23ULTRA
Explorer
Options
Hi,

Recently updated to UI6 and getting some notification issues with some apps. 

Mainly instagram i keep getting notifications of same messages posts etc even after i have read or viewed it. At times all come together even if i have viewed. Anyone else getting this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks
Go to solution
38 REPLIES 38
Solution
Jonw757
Student
Options

I cleared cache, data, uninstalled, then reinstalled Facebook Messenger only which so far has fixed the issue.

Had previously uninstalled/reinstalled Instagram, also tried the latest alpha release of it, none of which worked. 

**Edit** it came back after some time and a Facebook messenger message. I went into apps and cleared cache and data on the Meta Services app and so far so good. Have gotten Instagram and Facebook messages without getting 100 historical ones. Will update again later.

Things have been good for 6 hours after resetting the Meta Services app.

IshS23ULTRA
Explorer
Options
This worked. Thanks! Been 2 hours and not getting flooded with random notifications!
0 Likes
Evidian
Student
Options

@zsoltn wrote:

This workaround worked on my S21 - Cleared the cache and data, then uninstalled Facebook and Messenger, downloaded them again, signed into Facebook before signed into messenger. 

Tried and it's not working for me.

0 Likes
MMehdi
First Poster
Options

I think we all have this issue, the fix should come from Meta (FB and IG) or an update of the one ui 6.

Sneif29
Apprentice
Options

Update: Hours later, the spam is back on Instagram and I think it was triggered by a message from Messenger. I think Meta needs to fix this not Samsung (Whatsapp is not affected)

Dietcoca4
First Poster
Options

Same issue. So annoyed.

0 Likes
junzkie
First Poster
Options

This one did it.. no more annoying notifications.. thank you very, very, very much @Jonw757 ..  

0 Likes
BlueFlavorerSlurpee
First Poster
Options

I have been having this issue since the upgrade on my S23 ultra. The workarounds seemed to work at first, but quickly came back.

My wife just upgraded on her S22 Ultra this morning and has now been having the same issues. Getting super annoying!

IshS23ULTRA
Explorer
Options
Same here. Issue came back iv had to clear cache and data for Instagram uninstall and install again for the 2nd time.. seems like temporary fix only
0 Likes
Gdavid89
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and I fixed it by going into recovery mode and clearing cache there. No more issues for me. Hope that helps!

0 Likes