Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE UI 6 NOTIFICATION ISSUES

(Topic created on: 28-11-2023 11:00 PM)
IshS23ULTRA
Explorer
Options
Hi,

Recently updated to UI6 and getting some notification issues with some apps. 

Mainly instagram i keep getting notifications of same messages posts etc even after i have read or viewed it. At times all come together even if i have viewed. Anyone else getting this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
zsoltn
Apprentice
Options

This workaround worked on my S21 - Cleared the cache and data, then uninstalled Facebook and Messenger, downloaded them again, signed into Facebook before signed into messenger. 

View solution in context

Solution
Jonw757
Student
Options

I cleared cache, data, uninstalled, then reinstalled Facebook Messenger only which so far has fixed the issue.

Had previously uninstalled/reinstalled Instagram, also tried the latest alpha release of it, none of which worked. 

**Edit** it came back after some time and a Facebook messenger message. I went into apps and cleared cache and data on the Meta Services app and so far so good. Have gotten Instagram and Facebook messages without getting 100 historical ones. Will update again later.

Things have been good for 6 hours after resetting the Meta Services app.

View solution in context

Solution
ShinSean
First Poster
Options

Permanent fix for me. No repeated notification for more than 2 days now.

Clear cache of FB, messenger, IG

Clear data of all meta services in settings > app

There should be 3 of the meta services in there. If there's more or less clear 'em all.

Good to go 👌🏻

View solution in context

38 REPLIES 38
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I haven't experienced these issues @IshS23ULTRA but everyone's phone can work differently due to the way they are set up. It's not always the software update that's the culprit. 

Check the apps permissions and preferences settings please. 

What I would suggest is to first clear the individual apps cache. 

Settings > Apps > Choose App > Storage > Clear Cache. 

If that does not work then clear the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section. 

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Sometimes issues like these also self resolve. 

Let us know how you get on please. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
IshS23ULTRA
Explorer
Options
Thank you will give these a go!
0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
I did this for Facebook notifications and didn't help
Ui 6
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue here , did u find a solution?

IshS23ULTRA
Explorer
Options
No i didnt.. tried few things but has not worked
0 Likes
ch05626
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue on my S21 after updating yesterday to UI 6.0 with a certain message from Facebook messenger app. Cleared cache from the app, turned on and off notifications but nothing works. It's getting annoying!

IshS23ULTRA
Explorer
Options
Yes very annoying i keep getting notifications of messages from over a month ago and most of the time all come together so phone starts beeping like crazy tried everything and nothing worked
Members_Tu6UiCe
First Poster
Options

Same here on s23 ultra. Latest update. Instagram,messenger, banking app too.

Sneif29
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue on S22 base, with Instagram and Messenger only duplicating notifications, showing me messages I've seen and generally comes in bulk.

I reset the cash of all of them + Meta services app, and i uninstalled both and reinstalled but that didn't fix the issue.