Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications from the Google App

(Topic created on: 01-12-2023 09:46 PM)
AndrewD71
Explorer
Options

Apologies if this seems more of a Google problem but I've contacted Google support and they were of little or no help.

Is anyone else having issues with not getting alert notifications from the Google app and notifications not showing up in the phones notification area? If I open the Goggle app and tap the 'bell' icon at the top right they are displayed. But despite having all notification permissions enabled they never appear on the phone itself?

I get notifications from other Google apps like Gmail. News and Photos but not the Google app itself. I've tried clearing cache, data, uninstalling updates etc but nothing works.

I have an S23 running One UI 6.

2 REPLIES 2
Megado
First Poster
Options

I'm experience similar issues, but my Google Pay will shown as Play Icon, not it official G symbol and some another apps show Play icon when notification show dropdown menu.

S23 Ultra 12/512 OneUI 6

0 Likes
Megado
First Poster
Options

Replying myself and help for others with experience is same as I.
For starter GO settings, then Applications - Google Play app - storage - clear cache + delete information, then reboot device. If this not help  you can try soft reset device. Go General management -  reset all setting and network settings and reboot. (this not delete your files, but i still suggest keep backup up to date). It only reset setting like sounds for notification etc.

0 Likes