Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification USB menu on S23 Ultra so no OTG, no transfer. Only charge

(Topic created on: 29-02-2024 04:33 AM)
Members_EeNMXVc
First Poster
Options

When I plug any USB OTG card reader or USB-C cable between 2 phones, or HD... or... between phone and computer I NEVER had the USB notification menu where you chose Transfer or charge,....

I tried different card reader, different USB memory. NOTHING 

I open the USB de​bogging and choose transfer on USB default setting : NOTHING 

I made a factory reset : NOTHING

I also have a Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra and the card reader, Hd,..... that I use on this tablet... doesn't work on my S23 Ultra.

I NEVER see the little usb icon in notification.. nothing appears like I haven't plug in anything in the USB C port 

Only charge is working 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
With your devices plugged together. Pull down from the top of screen and you will see the options there (see pics)1709200694352.jpg1709200771285.jpg
0 Likes
Members_EeNMXVc
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I know that, it is not my first phone 😉 And we have other Samsung phones and tablets at home. 

I wrote that I DON'T HAVE this menu, I DON'T HAVE any notifications. 

That absolutely nothing happens when I plug anything in the USB port. 

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Go into settings>notifications>app notifications. Tap the 3 dots top right of screen, tap on show system apps. Tap on android system from the list. Ensure notifications are toggled on ( this maybe toggled on already and greyed out). Scroll all the way down to USB connection. Ensure it is toggled on.
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Im using S23 Ultra connected to Tab S9 Ultra using the USB-C cable that came with both devices. I get notifications on either device.
When my phone is set up with 'Connected device' selected (see 1st screen shot) the options under 'Use USB for' are greyed out on the phone but available and selectable on the tablet. When the tablet is set to 'connected device' the opposite happens and the settings are only changable on the phone (see 2nd screenshot). When i plug both devices together, I get a pop up at the top of the screen which i can later pull down and change settings. I also get a pop up at the bottom off the screen (as in the 1st screenshot) on either device depending on how the 'USB controlled by' radio buttons are set. This allows me to choose which apps i want to use for the USB device.1709408985752.jpg1709409062321_1709409062317_0.jpg
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

An idea to  set  a default via Developer Options if not tried already. Developer Options-Default USB Configuration.
If Developer options not set up Go to Settings-About Phone and tap Build Number 7 times. Will need to enter password ,Pin or Pattern at this point. See more details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-....

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes