Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens flare I think?

(Topic created on: 14-03-2023 11:25 PM)
Donna_
Apprentice
Options
I have just got the s23 ultra a few weeks ago, i love it so far however I've noticed what I think is a lens flare on the camera in dark mode specifically? It's a round circle on the photos? Is this an issue or my bad photography? I have loads of photos, different angles, different light etc and they all have it, I've attached a few photos to show what I'm talking about. 

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
All cameras get lens flare of some type.
Sometimes changing angle or moving to a different position can help. Probably your best bet
Just strong street lights or garden / house lights will flare from the glass lens over the camera.
Some software, you can edit it out.
Sometimes going into Pro mode and adjusting camera settings might reduce it
Some software like on the iPhone, it automatically edits it out when you take the photo. But it doesn't always work
Donna_
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, yeah I know lens flare is pretty common but I just didn't have it so prominent on the s22 so was just wondering if there was maybe an issue, I'll have a play about with settings etc, thanks again x
Options
I have the same on my S20FE on sunny days, gigs and lens flare is normal. I have used the Samsung gallery apps and used the 'remove reflections' option and in most cases reduced it to a sensible level. If you haven't yet, give it a try.
Donna_
Apprentice
Options
No I didn't know about that, thank you!
KP_76
Voyager
Options
I get lens flare in darker environments as well. The way around this is give your camera lens a nice wipe and see the difference.
Shamrock_Sean
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung with their ultra clear lens jargon was absolute rubbish. Lens flare has been bad since S21 Ultra. I know all cameras have some form of flare but the Ultra phones are terrible for such a premium product. Many top end dedicated cameras have flare that looks good but this horrible purple flare can ruin photos. Pixel 7 Pro is worst for it
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
The answer is to use a coated filter in front of the default lenses. A 52mm holder and a decent uv, polarizer or light pollution filter. Something good like hoya, zeiss or similar will work well. This reduces post production on photos if fidelity is priority for you.