Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Warm Skin Tones in Indoor Videos s23 ultra

(Topic created on: 15-03-2023 04:02 AM)
alireza-nasibi
Explorer
Options

I've noticed each time I shot videos indoor, skin tones are all too warm and sometimes the whole video gets too warm! (I use no filter). Anyone else? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BN44
Pathfinder
Options

Maybe try turning off scene optimizer, though I'm not sure whether that will just affect photography and not video? It might also be worthwhile looking at your display settings to make sure it isn't just the way the screen is playing the video... like that setting that automatically brightens the screen and punches up the colors when you play video.

0 Likes
alireza-nasibi
Explorer
Options

Scene optimizer makes no difference. I've transferred the files to PC and the yellow tint is still everywhere. There's a yellow warm light in my house along with the white ones but the amount of yellow in the videos (and even photos when there's a yellow source of light) is tremendously high! 

Any why should we have a screen on a phone that doesn't represent true colors and one needs to switch to natural tone in display settings that makes everything specially app icons that ugly and pale in color (which aren't even true tones yet)?

0 Likes
alireza-nasibi
Explorer
Options

And I noticed this is a real issue for 23 series after checking the review by GSMArena:

A common thread at both 1x and 3x is the added warmth and a faint but noticeable yellow tint to the skin - the S22 Ultra was a lot more accurate in its colors. We're not sure if this is part of the new model's warmer color rendition in stills in general, or a conscious decision for shots of people, unrelated to the main camera's processing in other situations.

0 Likes
BN44
Pathfinder
Options

I was just wondering if the screen settings were affecting what it looked like. I guess the only way to tell for sure is if you've opened the videos on a different device or have sent them to someone else and it still looks wrong on theirs. Just trying to eliminate the possibilities.

0 Likes
byronhinson
First Poster
Options
Noticed it with indoor photos too. Hopefully gets adjusted with firmware
0 Likes
Members_DqgplMZ
First Poster
Options

i am having similar issues while shooting video with my s23 ultra. i have white walls in my house and when i shoot my sons video playing video shows white walls in start than around 6 7minutes it shows walls pink like everything turns little pink for few minutes and again back to white. not sure whats the issue.

0 Likes