Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible battery life s23 ultra 8 gb

(Topic created on: 24-11-2023 02:53 PM)
ZSA1
Apprentice
Options

I am shocked that in 2023 SOC is max 5 hours on this phone. My old Iphone 13 pro could easily get 9-10 hours. What is up with this thing?

Also every time my  phone rings in my pocket when I take it out the call screen is hidden away with response message or something fifth. Why does samsung do this? Do they test their phones? Now I must sell this thing to get an iphone what I should have bought in the first place. This stupid thing is always hot also..... 

4 REPLIES 4
PaulM1
Options

That's very unusual, @ZSA1, and definitely doesn't sound right. At this stage, I recommend allowing your S23 Ultra to drop below 50% from a full charge, and uploading a screenshot of the Usage.

To find this, please head to Settings > Battery and device Care (or Device Care) > Battery > Usage since last full charge.

Just in case you need it, the guide below advises how you can capture a screenshot on your phone:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-take-a-screenshot-on-my-samsung-galaxy-de...

The guide below also helps you optimise your battery usage:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/galaxy-battery/optimisation/

As for what you've described about your phone calls, that sounds like you have Accidental touch protection activated. It's a useful feature but, if you'd prefer, you can deactivate it by going to Settings > Display > Accidental touch protection (toggle OFF). 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

How long have you owned the phone @ZSA1  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
Samsung Galaxy phones have problems getting hot or whatnot
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Very sorry to here your getting issues, I get about 10 sot on mine and it only gets hot if you use wireless android auto. I came from an iPhone as I had nothing but bother with it. Guess everybody's usage is different