Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Messages display issue 'Can't reply to this short code'

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 04:36 PM)
Numec
Explorer
Options
Hello, I have seen this weird display at bottom of 'Can't reply to this short code' on messages that I have received. 

It looks like a flickering text display and I am unsure if anyone else has seen this?
I have tried to clear cache on this app but still seeing this issue.

35 REPLIES 35
AndrewL
Options

@Numec: Some SMS messages that you receive, especially those without a number assigned to them, cannot be replied to. If you tap on 'Learn more' (to the right of the notification), does this shed any light on the issue? 

Robin999
Hotshot
Options
What messages app are you using? Goto settings>Apps. Tap 3 dots top right corner, choose special access. Tap use premium text message services. Does anything appear there? If so then choose the app and choose the option always allow.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
I just had this happen to me. I got a one time code from Amazon and the bottom text started to flicker after a few seconds, sort of like a slow vibrating visual effect. I think it is just a visual glitch. I'm using Google messages btw.
0 Likes
Numec
Explorer
Options
I understand that I can not reply the text in this example, which not what I wanted to show. That's not the problem. The flickering visual of the text mentioned is the problem. I hope you can see the image attached? In real life it is flickering.
Numec
Explorer
Options
Nothing in the list im afraid
0 Likes
Numec
Explorer
Options
Yes l also think it is a Visual glitch, just needing to check if it's just me or same with others.
Robin999
Hotshot
Options
What messages app are you using?
0 Likes
Numec
Explorer
Options
Google message
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, it's a bug with Google messages. Hopefully, they'll release a fix very soon. I've seen a few people complaining about it .