Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant delays

(Topic created on: 19-02-2023 10:53 AM)
Coffeesurfers
Pioneer
Options
Earlier today I noticed really long delays in Google assistant (hey Google) responding to requests.

Delays and even timeouts happen on or off Wi-Fi. 

Haven't done much troubleshooting but was curious as to whether anyone else noticed this? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
Google assistant whether on watch, phone or home nests is driving me mad.....I want to find her, destroy her and many other things.....😉😂
Ask a question and she is clueless, ask nest to stream and she streams on wrong device, speak quietly to nearest nest and she actions on furthest nest....if thisbis AI I am opting out.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
One of the first things I do whenever I get a new phone is disable Google Assistant as I find it really annoying for example when in the car with the radio and sat nav on it keeps piping up listening etc interrupting the music and sat nav. My worst experience was in an important meeting whilst on silent and locked in my pocket google assistant decided to pipe up quite loudly asking me to repeat the question. No idea how it did that but that was it, it had to go. So when disabling all of the various spying and monitoring settings, Google Assistant was top of the list, I do the same for any Assistant apps as whilst they can be useful, I think the background activity and monitoring etc are too big a price to pay. I hope this is helpful
0 Likes
Coffeesurfers
Pioneer
Options
Turned out to be 36 devices linked to Google assistant was slowing it down! Removing them all and now it's almost instantaneous 😜
0 Likes