Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint problem after one ui 6.1 update

(Topic created on: 02-04-2024 04:48 AM)
ael94
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone,

Since the 6.1 update i have a fingerprint problem. It fails reading my fingerprint when i try to unlock. I have to rescan my fingerprint to unlock my phone. 

It happens all the time. I tried to register my fingers again and it didn't solve the problem. 

Does someone have a workaround to fix it ?

10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ael94 

I appreciate you've tried some troubleshooting steps but could you try these. 

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On. 

If your using a screen protector this could now be hindering the touch sensitivity. 

You could toggle on the display setting touch sensitivity. As a last resort remove it. 

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. { Repair Apps may not be availableto the Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Series of phone's. } 

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

There is a diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App. 

Factory Reset after a back up as a very last resort. 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone. 

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/my-samsung-smartphone-is-not-recognizing-fin... 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-fingerprint-scanner-isnt-working/ 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Case1188
Voyager
Options
Personally speaking, my finger print sensor is working far better after 6.1 update on my s23ultra.
0 Likes
ael94
Apprentice
Options

So I cleared cache partition, following the tutorial given and it seems to be working correctly at this moment.

If everything is ok I'll mark your answer as solution today, if not I will come back.

Thank you for your answer

0 Likes
ael94
Apprentice
Options

Mine is the S23

0 Likes
ael94
Apprentice
Options

It's still failing after i tried all your suggestions. 😞

0 Likes
Manas Tambat
Student
Options

I have got the same issue, the fingerprint doesn't read it in first time, and mostly 2nd time it fails and in 3rd attempt it accepts the fingerprint which was not the case with one ui6.0 also to be clear I am not using any screen guard or protector.. is Samsung going to fix this cause it's a flagship phone I did not expect this kind of issues.. to be very honest Samsung just did not take a step head to test this update even once before production global roll out.. I am seriously loosing interest in this product.. I was thinking of getting another device s23fe but after seeing this kind of major issues I am not sure if I am going to buy it

0 Likes
RetroLama
Student
Options

Two days ago I updated my S23U to the latest security patch. It's interesting because the changelog doesn't say anything about fixes of fingerprint scanner, but after this update it works fine 😉

0 Likes
JvdK
Apprentice
Options

Same issue for me. Fingerprint detection does not work well since UI 6.1.

Seems that UI 6.1 has a lot of issues.

0 Likes
carlsbird
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, since I update my s23 ultra to 6.1 ver. My finger print scanner is not working normal.

0 Likes