Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast charging

(Topic created on: 30-06-2023 03:45 PM)
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Is fast charging bad if using always I haven't sijcei got my regular s23 128gb model 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I'm using ever since it was introduced. I do not charge overnight however and most of the time not going beyond %85

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

People have varying opinions on this @sarasphotobox 

If it was " bad " then Samsung wouldn't give the option.

What it has the possibility of doing is lessening the longevity of the battery.

Personally I normal charge and only fast / superfamily charge if I ever need a quick boost.

I hope that helps.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Fast charging is something I really only use if I need to charge my phone quick. Normally I slow charge wireless over night myself. This is just my choice.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/gpsolo/publications/gpsolo_ereport/2022/december-2022/ask-techie-...
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Thanks 😊
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Thank you
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Do not think there is evidence Fast charging is "bad", though it is likely the Battery will deplete a bit quicker but not significantly. Samsung anyway do not support the really fast charging speeds  of some companies.   if you are upgrading fairly regularly should not be an issue  though some prefer  to mix the fast charging with regular charging or wireless charging. Modern devices  though  have a dedicated management system for overseeing charging and there is a two stage charging process. personally I use fast charging a fair bit.

This video may be of some interest 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Ahhh ok thank you so much for the input appreciate it
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I usually use fast charging. I don't think it is detrimental to the battery. A lot of myths carried over from the older NiCad batteries which suffer from battery memory etc but lithium batteries are completely different i.e you can keep topping up and it is not detrimental to the battery. The worst thing for the battery is to let it go flat and leave it flat e.g to store away etc as if left flat for long periods it harms the battery cells. Also if storing away then a lithium battery is best at around 40% to 50% to protect the battery. Other than that there is nothing to worry about. I have no concerns regularly putting the phone on charge other than the extra wear and tear on the charging port by excessive connecting and disconnecting the charging lead. Up to now I have not experienced any issues with battery degradation in any of my phones and I usually keep them between 1 and 3 years sometimes longer if kept as a backup phone. Hope this helps
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Thank you
0 Likes